Floyd Rose question....

Hi all,
Im picking up a Floyd strat that has a floating system (back routed).
My question is can it be blocked off with a timber block for down only movement or is the rout too deep with the posts for such?
Is my best bet a trem-setter (trem-el-no) or just a physical blockage (Oooooer) ?
Thanks!
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72333
    A small block glued (double sided tape is fine) to the wall of the cavity at the back right under the springs will work perfectly - like the one on the left here:

http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/images/tremolo/blocked-tremolo.jpg

To work out the right thickness, you need to first set the bridge with the baseplate exactly parallel to the body - just adjust the tuning to do that if necessary - then measure the gap.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Nice quick fix Icbm - will give it a lash =)
    Thanks
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life