Thorpy Veteran

What's Hot

Comments

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Aye it certainly was pleasing to the ears.

Ive been using the rangemaster side into the Dreambox as well which again sounds very good.

I think tomorrow I will swap the order to try them the other way around then I could use the distortion side of dreambox into the Veteran.

The plan is to go KHDK Ghoulscreamer/Dreambox/Veteran/Deco into front and then in the loop it's Elec Miss Clone/EVH Phase 90/Belle Epoch/Levitation.

Should be me vaguely sorted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cool. I'd love to hear also anyone trying it through a 5e3 style amp :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    How are we getting on with these Adrian. I'm getting ready to do a vid of all your pedals with proper audio
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6134
    tFB Trader
    Cabicular said:
    How are we getting on with these Adrian. I'm getting ready to do a vid of all your pedals with proper audio
    We are getting through them nicely now. Another 12 went out today and another 12 will go out tomorrow. The guitar show slowed this build down a touch but we are back on it with gusto. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    Looking forward to the added 'gusto' :)
    tFB Trader
    chefs special sauce......
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Me too and I haven't even got one coming to me ;)
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    It certainly sounded good at the guitar show!
    sgosden said:
    It certainly sounded good at the guitar show!
    It did indeed which certainly didn't make me feel any better :(
    edited March 2017
    Is it fussy about buffers or does the boost side activate first
    tFB Trader
    Cabicular said:
    It needs to see your pickups, I.e. It's not a fan of buffers at all. I wanted to make it as true to the vintage sound as possible, this required the interaction and cleanup you get from rolling back your volume control. 
    ThorpyFX said:
    Cabicular said:
    It needs to see your pickups, I.e. It's not a fan of buffers at all. I wanted to make it as true to the vintage sound as possible, this required the interaction and cleanup you get from rolling back your volume control. 
    At the risk of me sounding like a fool what would you say that I may have on my board which is a buffer @ThorpyFX ;
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    Cabicular said:
    At the risk of me sounding like a fool what would you say that I may have on my board which is a buffer @ThorpyFX ;
    can't remember whats on your board, its only an issue if you don't place the pedal first in the chain. it appears though that the veteran is ok with Class A buffers such as the ones used in cornish pedals.
    ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    Cabicular said:
    can't remember whats on your board, its only an issue if you don't place the pedal first in the chain. it appears though that the veteran is ok with Class A buffers such as the ones used in cornish pedals.
    I didn't mean to sound specific about my board but one's board I meant i.e. an average persons likely board. But first in the chain is good. Thanks @ThorpyFX ....... not that I'm getting a veteran but just interested LOL
    Be interesting to see how it deals with the wireless receiver ... if not I'll run ye olde fashioned cable into it 
    probably not a live pedal for me. More a recording one

Cabicular said:
    Be interesting to see how it deals with the wireless receiver ... if not I'll run ye olde fashioned cable into it 
    probably not a live pedal for me. More a recording one

I run a wireless system too. I never thought that that could be a problem ?
  • wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 453
    woohoo its here!!!!
    edited March 2017
    wellsyboy said:
    woohoo its here!!!!
    Great. I look forward to hearing your review through your Louis @wellsyboy ;; Especially if you are using a wireless set up as I am. I'm concerned that I may have a problem if I did.

That goes for anyone else trying it through a wireless system . Do share to put my mind at rest

EDIT: Makes me think that maybe I should go back to being wired again rather than wireless :(
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1240

Ok, I'm getting impatient (probably due to me now being on holiday for a few days with nothing planned!)
    @Thorpyfx, how far are you through the orders now?

tFB Trader
    m_c said:

Ok, I'm getting impatient (probably due to me now being on holiday for a few days with nothing planned!)
    @Thorpyfx, how far are you through the orders now?

60% of the way through now. I'll PM you