SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Closed: Gibson Vintage Les Paul Junior 1960 Double Cut

What's Hot
skippy76skippy76 Frets: 616
edited March 2017 in Guitars £

Morning all,

Selling my LPJ 1960 Double Cut to fund a new vintage LP. Sad to see this go and looking to get out what I put in to it at £2,995.

I bought this from Mike at Atoyboy Guitars in Cheltenham and the text below is from his original ad which you can still see on his website with high res pictures. I have black lighted the guitar and all looks in order, happy to let prospective buyers take a look under BL as well as I have a small one at home.

This is a Superb Gibson original 1960 vintage Les Paul Junior double cutaway in beautiful vibrant un-faded cherry red which has all the important original bits, including frets and the electrics but does have some changed parts however it has no breaks or repairs.

So why is it so cheap. Well hardware wise the bridge and posts have been changed to a pretty good repro one, the back plate is missing and it had different tuners on at one stage, originals or at least period correct ones are back on it now. When the original tuners went back on the headstock was refinished to cover the holes made by the previous tuners this resulted in the serial number ink stamp to be lost so the chap who did the refin stamped that original number back on the back. ‘Les Paul Junior’ silkscreen has either been rubbed off the front of the headstock or it never had one.

The good news is there are no breaks or repairs anywhere and the refin on the headstock is not hiding anything nasty.

Serial number is 0 9201 and all pots, wiring and pickups are original. As far as I can tell, everything else is all there and original including strong P-90 pickup, tuners pick guard etc. It does have a few small dings and dongs here and there but nothing really too serious at all, in fact it is a great vintage guitar to look at and to play with all the important bits there.

Original frets with hardly any wear at all and no wear whatsoever on the lovely, original rosewood fingerboard. It has a superb, fast action and is a killer player for a bargain price...

A great bargain for the player - where else can you get an original 1960 Les Paul for under 3 grand…? it plays well, good intonation and a killer vintage P-90. Weight is just 3.2Kg and it has a nice, classic,  wide and slim ‘60 profile neck.

Pictures up shortly. (edit, removed some of the shouting

Cheers Toby

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr186/tobycordery/IMG_7196_zpswyrgrfye.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments