Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So, Guitar Guitar F@£K Up AGAIN !!!!!

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9571
How hard can it be ???????

Now, I'm not an unreasonable guy....

Ordered a Kemper yesterday at 9.45am from GG for SUNDAY delivery. They offered and advertised it.

All traced and showing then BANG, now being delivered on Monday. Spoke to DPD, and they inform me it was a next working day 
delivery and not ordered for a Sunday delivery.

So, now got all the hassle of sorting it out. No one in tomorrow.
etc etc etc

If they can continually, and this is not the first time, mess customers about who spend £2100... well, good luck to them.

Well and truly pissed off as we've based the whole weekend around it.

It's the last time. It really is.
4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Yeah, I won't use them, they're horrific 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • That's disappointing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I went in to GG Epsom last week to try out and buy a boost pedal I A/B'd the Tumnus, EP boost and Koko reloaded for a good hour or so in a booth (it was dead quiet so I knew I wasn't taking the piss) and decided on the Koko. The trouble was it was advertised at the price of the standard Koko (£245) and when I pointed this out the guy was like that's weird but we will do it for the online price (£199). Well cheers.

I asked if there was any way he could chuck in some strings or move on the price and he said no, we have already discounted it from £245! Cheeky bugger!

The last time I went to Guitar Village I only bought something relatively minor and got two sets of strings thrown in. I only went to GG because they had all three pedals I wanted to try in stock.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5521
    I think the problem is that GG opted to use DPD. DPD have never delivered anything to me on time and in the case of my girlfriend, missed the arranged Saturday delivery of her OU coursework and tried to deliver on the Monday when she was at work. She got home to a note through the door 'package left in blue bin'.
    Guess which bins go out on a Monday?
    Shambles of a courier company, they're up there with Hermes and Yodel.
    1reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • You know guys, it's SO frustrating...

This is the 3rd time its happened with GG. 

Last time, to be fair, they got in touch and put things right. Then, I bought my Gretsch Falcon from the Birmingham store where Dave C was superb and helpful.

Then, this. The whole point is to get it TODAY, as next week is a incredibly busy one for me, and at the end of the day, work does pay for all this madness.

Andertons were £150 cheaper, but they had no stock.

Angry, disappointed, frustrated, incredulous.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    rico said:
    I went in to GG Epsom last week to try out and buy a boost pedal I A/B'd the Tumnus, EP boost and Koko reloaded for a good hour or so in a booth (it was dead quiet so I knew I wasn't taking the piss) and decided on the Koko. The trouble was it was advertised at the price of the standard Koko (£245) and when I pointed this out the guy was like that's weird but we will do it for the online price (£199). Well cheers.

I asked if there was any way he could chuck in some strings or move on the price and he said no, we have already discounted it from £245! Cheeky bugger!

The last time I went to Guitar Village I only bought something relatively minor and got two sets of strings thrown in. I only went to GG because they had all three pedals I wanted to try in stock.
    Peach have the reloaded for £179 onsale.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I won't use Guitar Guitar due to constant issues.

I don't normally have issues with DPD as they give a time slot and you can track your package.

UPS on the other hand have never actually delivered a package on the day promised and I've collected more from their depot than they have delivered to me.
  • Yep, cant fault DPD locally to me as they do provide the hour slot... hence the reason for my order.

What a huge disappointment.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3223
    edited February 2017
    Very surprised by this, never had a problem with guitarguitar, particularly the Brum store -although I've never asked for Sunday delivery, I just get things shipped to work on weekdays. Other stores that shall remain nameless (as some are on this forum and I am not into mud slinging) have been less on the ball when shipping guitars however. :+1: for Dave there being very customer focussed and helpful, has served me a few times and I even emailed their head office I was that impressed with the service he gave.

Likewise, DPD have never been anything but excellent, Hermes on the other-hand were terrible -that was OU texts delivered and signed for, but I never did get to the bottom of how to pronounce that name or where they were delivered to; fortunately for the lucky bugger who had signed for it he now had a pile of textbooks on the romantic poets so must have been over the moon!  :)
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    PIss poor mate.  Reminds me of when I went into GG Glasgow to try / buy GG special edition Riot.  Tried it liked and asked the guy his best price.  Got told the ticket price was the best he could do.  Struck me as odd because it was on their website at £20 less.  I told him I'd think about it, walked out, ordered on my phone and walked back, showed him my confirmed order and asked if he had lost out on that?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9571
    edited February 2017
    They must be doing a LOT of business to keep operating like this...

If any forumites have links to GG, please pass this onto them (although I have sent 2 emails).
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5521
    Well perhaps it's just our local DPD depot that are shit.
  • DiscoStu said:
    DPD is a strange one - our local depot (South East London) is really bad and has lost and damaged two expensive parcels from shops.

Other people seem to sing their praises but I would not touch DPD with a barge pole.

As to GuitarGuitar, well, I had three bad experiences in a row with mail order and haven't used them since discovering Peach and Coda five or six years ago...
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again, avoid GG like the plague. They're a lying dishonest bunch of arseholes. They'll take your money and then treat you like shit

I was warned to avoid them and I didn't listen and got shafted which took over a week to get my money back meaning I had zero funds to buy elsewhere in the meantime 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• DiscoStu said:
    DPD is a strange one - our local depot (South East London) is really bad and has lost and damaged two expensive parcels from shops.

Other people seem to sing their praises but I would not touch DPD with a barge pole.

As to GuitarGuitar, well, I had three bad experiences in a row with mail order and haven't used them since discovering Peach and Coda five or six years ago...

I couldn't believe the service I received from Peach it was so strange to be spoken to so politely from knowledgeable staff who couldn't do enough for me. Brilliant service 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I'm sorry to hear that Warren. Once was enough for me, I just go elsewhere.
    Just playing devil's advocate everything goes wrong sometimes it's how you deal with it that makes the difference.
    In my case they dealt with it badly, @Alnico can testify to this.
    If it's easier just have it delivered to my place, I'm in!
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Maybe some free profiles will ease the pain...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • I've only ever had good experiences with GG. Not that that helps your unfortunate situation.
  • supessupes Frets: 183
    edited February 2017
    I had the same. The combination of Guitar Guitar and DPD is a disaster, not sure which is worse.

Ordered pickups Thursday night, paid extra £9.99 for Saturday delivery. Wait in all day Saturday as parcel showed as out for delivery. Parcel was really in their Birmingham depot where it had sat since Friday night. DPD said Guitar Guitar had damaged the label. DPD couldn't change it on Friday.  DPD then fucked up the re-delivery on Monday so I received them Tuesday.

Guitar Guitars response (no reply at the weekend when I actually needed help) - have a free set of strings. No thanks, I'll just never use your company again, despite it being "local". The only reason I gave them another chance after previous disasters is because they are local, and I want there to be a guitar shop in town. Just not this one. 

I did get my £9.99 refunded but by then it was too late. I ordered in plenty time, paid for Saturday delivery because I needed them fitting Sunday. I won't make the mistake again. I just hope someone from Guitar Guitar gets to read these comments. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Such a shame, cos the lads at the Bham branch have always been quality...