Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bill Paxton RIP

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Changing the world 140 characters at a time

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6110
    Get ready for the ride indeed!

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • alcxamalcxam Frets: 112
    Much as I enjoy all the Trump bashing and hysteria about him bringing the end of the world through nuclear warfare, I think Killary would have been more likely to see the end of us all - she was the official war party candidate, after all...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Chalky said:
    Biff Tannen is about right Emp. Hopefully he'll have already done something which will get him impeached. Only in America eh? 
    There's some rumbling that he could - theoretically - be impeached because he refuses to divest his foreign investments, based on the emoluments clause of the US Constitution (Article 1, Section 9, Clause 8). Just about every constitution expert says that it applies to the President, while just one disagrees.
    Ordinary working Americans are far less worried about Trump than others are. Sure, they see his style as very different to his predecessors. But the idea that you can impeach a president primarily because you don't like him is anathema to them.  They want to see what he does - can he 'walk the walk'.
    That is not a great advert for ordinary working Americans.

I don't think the argument is to impeach him because people think he's a bellend, it's the small matter of his incredibly dubious links to Russia & Russian business interests/their hacking of the election/his dangerous attitude to the US intelligence network (the allegations about Russia would be tantamount to treason), his tax affairs, not selling off his businesses, not to mention the fact that he admitted sexually assaulting women. Him being a sexual predator is argument enough for impeachment even without the Russian situation. If he's found guilty of that and carries on as POTUS, that sets a horrific precedent.
    Those things are important to you, I get it, but to a hundred million ordinary working Americans they want to see is what he does about jobs and the economy - the plain boring everyday stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I thought 'strap in world' was going to be about a sex toy shop  :/
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • starwarsnosebleedstarwarsnosebleed Frets: 2357
    edited January 2017
    What are you buying from Ann summers that you need 'strapping in' for?....must be a biggun whatever it is.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I still need to figure out how to hibernate. Four years should do it.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72330
    DrJazzTap said:
    I still need to figure out how to hibernate. Four years should do it.
    Don't forget to allow an extra one for the radiation to clear.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    You of all people should know that it'll take a bit longer than a year...  Plutonium 239's half-life is 24,100 years.  Maybe a few extra tins of beans may be needed in your bunker.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72330
    Emp_Fab said:
    You of all people should know that it'll take a bit longer than a year...  Plutonium 239's half-life is 24,100 years.  Maybe a few extra tins of beans may be needed in your bunker.
    Most of the fallout is fairly short-lived isotopes though - and most are less dangerous once they've been washed out of the atmosphere. Until you start eating vegetables, anyway...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    ...or animals that eat vegetables.   Or, animals that eat other animals that eat vegetables.  Basically, if you want to eat, you're shit out of luck.  The nuclear winter lasting twenty-odd years would put pay to anything growing naturally anyway.  Overall, a post-armageddon Earth wouldn't be that great.  Possibly as bad as Margate.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

To be honest, when you look around at the world, I don't think a fresh start would be a bad thing. I mean, pouty selfies on Facebook? 50,000 years of human development for that?

Bring it on. :(

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 2016 - is there a reset button? 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    edited January 2017
    martinw said:

To be honest, when you look around at the world, I don't think a fresh start would be a bad thing. I mean, pouty selfies on Facebook? 50,000 years of human development for that?

Bring it on.

There's definitely a 'final days of the Roman Empire' vibe. Trump's big promise - bringing back jobs, is unlikely to happen in a world where automation is even starting to eat into clerical jobs.
    Won't help. They stopped the backups to save money.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Won't help. They stopped the backups to save money.
    Year zero.  Very pol pot. Similarities? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Once upon a time Trump becoming President seemed hilarious.......

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26993
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

Lol, stealing that!
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
This discussion has been closed.