Could you survive with one guitar...

What's Hot
Ive been getting interested In this minimalist thing (http://www.theminimalists.com/minimalism/) if I could only have one guitar what would it be?  After deciding this it would then be an amp and pedal(s). Anyway - only one guitar, what would it be?  Just got a fano jm6 with two humbuckers which is looking favourite but maybe be an hss strat... 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Maybe a hsh strat with coil tap 

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4189
    I've done something similar, going from 16 to 3, it's very refreshing, if I had to keep one, it'd be the Music Man Majesty, it needs a few tweaks to make absolutely spot on for me, but that's being done this week on my days off ;)
  • My Faith Naked Mercury. No doubt. 
    Its my go to writing and also for learning new songs. My electric guitars are fun, but that one I couldn't live without. 
  • nick_snick_s Frets: 138
    I don't know that I could.  There are characteristics about each guitar I own that the others cannot replicate.
    - Shine On You Crazy Diamond -
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4559
    Wouldn't like to play live with just one
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72485
    The only reason I don't have one (electric) guitar is because I've got attached to the other two, and it's hard to sell them.

Same with acoustics really.

The difficulty is that if I had to have only one *guitar*, it would probably be one of the other electrics, because it can do a passable acoustic sound too.

I would probably like to cut down from six to about four, though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    If it came to one the it would have to be my AV65 Jaguar... It is the only one in my set with a trem and i would deeply regret having to part with it...
  • Could happily see out my days with just Strat....
  • yes
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14305
    tFB Trader
    Not a cat in hell's chance - the best guitar in the world does not exist - Period - Many guitars have great attributes and on that basis various 'negatives' - As such these attributes allow us to add colour in different ways

I think if I had to go to one guitar then a Tele would be given the chance but instantly I would miss those two quack tones from a Strat

I think we've had similar blogs before but very hard to name a major guitar hero that is a one guitar man - And don't say Brian May as he has various MB models anyway, let alone a Tele and I've seen clips of him playing an LP Deluxe, albeit some years ago
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    Maybe a Tele, though I'd miss my 335... and of course I'd still need an acoustic! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A decent Strat would suffice as long as I get to keep lots of pedals and amps!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    A decent Strat would suffice as long as I get to keep lots of pedals and amps!
    Good luck finding one....

(hee hee ;) )
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    No. Probably could on a week to week basis, one week I enjoy my 355 that could cover a lot of ground, then my Marr Jag, then my R9 etc. But I couldn't live with one guitar.
  • I live with one guitar and it's a HSS strat, covers everything I need it to.

I think the recent video posted of Tim Pierce in the guitar chair at the Grammys, perfectly demonstrates how versatile a HSS strat can be.
  • My Masterbuilt Strat. Never felt more inspired by a geetar;

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/Masterbuilt Strat 63/P1040137.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 867
    I only have one - an hss strat........ Gigged on it's own regularly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    I could live with just a Strat.
  • Wouldn't ever want to, but if I had to it would be my tele.  Might have to stick a filtertron in the neck if it was my only one though.