Could you survive with one guitar...

What's Hot

Comments

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2553
    Same here. HSS Strat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2377
    I could if I was allowed to cheat by adding two Strat pickups to a nice '53 Esquire! There's a lot to be said for minimalism and streamlining life. I used to have a stupid amount of guitars.....peaked at 42 and all silly priced stuff too. Happily down to five now ...don't miss them and instead of deciding which one to play I now have more time actually playing. Has cut down on restringing time too....plus fiddling with settings on amp and pedals.
  • I could manage with 1 x acoustic and 1 x electric, not sure I could pare it down to just one, but if I did I could definitely get by quite well for my gigging needs with my trusty Telecaster.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I could manage with 1 x acoustic and 1 x electric, not sure I could pare it down to just one, but if I did I could definitely get by quite well for my gigging needs with my trusty Telecaster.
    I read that last bit as "get by quite well for my digging needs with my rusty telecaster"

flippin phone!
  • CU22, good balance of weight, ergonomics and tone.

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    joeyowen said:
    Maybe a hsh strat with coil tap 

Bingo! That's all you need

Mine has a Floyd Rose, so it's probably better to have a Hardtail for alternate tunings.
  • I could manage with 1 x acoustic and 1 x electric, not sure I could pare it down to just one, but if I did I could definitely get by quite well for my gigging needs with my trusty Telecaster.
    I read that last bit as "get by quite well for my digging needs with my rusty telecaster"

flippin phone!
    It's a very versatile tool, the Telecaster!
    Even has an ashtray, if you're into your carcinogens.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I could manage with 1 x acoustic and 1 x electric, not sure I could pare it down to just one, but if I did I could definitely get by quite well for my gigging needs with my trusty Telecaster.

flippin phone!
    It's a very versatile tool, the Telecaster!
    Even has an ashtray, if you're into your carcinogens.
    Garden tools with built in ashtrays? How very true to the 50s way of life ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    It would be a Telecaster for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    If we're going minimal then it would have to be an acoustic, so my Wee Lowden
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Beeb thinking about it a bit more and is probably now say Suhr Alt T Pro. Pretty much covers everything well 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Since I no longer gig I could quite happily survive with just my 12 string acoustic.
  • Give me a PRS Hollowbody with centreblock, piezo, and all other specs from my Paul's Guitar and I'd be very content indeed.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Well back in the days of no money. All I had was one guitar. Prob a Strat with a hum bucker in the bridge or a Tele.
    In some ways I think having less stuff makes you more inventive. I was gonna build a big programmable pedalboard this year & Ive stepped back from it. Simply because I really like the simplicity of what I have now. 
  • Yeah, pretty easily I reckon. I often consider doing it to be honest. 
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2801
    Yes.

The multitude of guitars is because this is a hobby (or an illness).  I've found if I go away or leave playing for a while and then come back to it, whichever I play first (I have 7) sounds perfect and I wonder why I ever bothered getting the others.  Then I play another one and think "oh this is great because xxxx" but really I'd have been fine just playing the first one.
  • I could do it on a PRS DGT but I'd be thinking of my Tele all the time.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    Could happily see out my days with just Strat....
    I want you to be happy Richard. You better send the '64 335 to me for safe keeping...I don't want it to make you miserable!

I 'could' survive with one guitar, I could also survive with no guitar. I wouldn't want to do either. If I had to I'd probably have one good Telecaster.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've gigged my LP only for 10+ years so yes. I always take my Strat as a spare but never use it.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    My custom 24 might not get the majority of gigs these days but it will always be number one and I could use for almost any type of gig.  

I could almost most say the same and be happy with any of the les pauls - especially the axcess and while they get gigged more often that particular PRS is the one.