eBay Content: One for the Brave

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
edited March 2017 in Guitar

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    And it has bids!?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I see he has put liberal lashings of 'tone tape' on the pups too...
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    4 bidders !!!!!! :o
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    4 bidders !!!!!! :o
    @HarrySeven - stop it!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Where did the top fret go?

What were they thinking?

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    Mine says hello to its poor, abused cousin

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • XsmnmyXsmnmy Frets: 124
    the pickups are worth more than the current bid...
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    That would fit well with my dominator amp....
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    still hot though. call me a whore but i'm still interested. & am loving that ultra thin gold foil across the pickups. will help filter out unwanted frequencies. wafer-thin foil. sellotape-thin.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    vale said:
    still hot though. call me a whore but i'm still interested. & am loving that ultra thin gold foil across the pickups. will help filter out unwanted frequencies. wafer-thin foil. sellotape-thin.
    You been on the cool-aid @vale? ;)
    vale said:
    always!
    edited March 2017
    i put in a pocket money bid but it went for well over the ton. if i was better at woodwork i would have gone further, but without true skills i wouldn't have been able to do it justice on my own.
    i thought it was a gem. a neglected & mistreated gem but a real treasure nonetheless.
    i love those wild vintage brits. burns, watkins, fenton et all. all dream guitars in my world.
    vale said:
    vale said:
    always!
    Shame you didn't win it - your Making & Modding thread would have been epic!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2017
    vale said:
    vale said:
    You been on the cool-aid @vale?
    always!
    Shame you didn't win it - your Making & Modding thread would have been epic!
    or the stuff of nightmares.

in my childish enthusiasm i looked at it as a missed opportunity but cool-headed reality is that
    it may well have broken my heart to try to get it together & not be able to do it. & that would have made for a car crash of an epic thread.
    maybe the fates knew what was best for me on the day & i would be wise to recognise that.
    https://aquileana.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/moirai10.jpg
    a woman's character is her fate. another time maybe.
    @vale ;

There's a project out there with your name on it waiting for you to rescue it.

I've found a few - they mean more in the long term cos of the love and care we put into them. Keep looking - it will find you.
    edited March 2017
    @vale ;;

I've found a few - they mean more in the long term cos of the love and care we put into them. Keep looking - it will find you.
    wisdom there. & in meantime i can work on getting my woodskills up to a standard that would mean i could do a proper job, not just play at it with best intentions. all good.
    vale said:
    @vale ;

wisdom there. & in meantime i can work on getting my woodskills up to a standard that would mean i could do a proper job, not just play at it with best intentions. onward & upward.
    You might surprise yourself with how much you can do with the skills you have already. 

Don't forget - there's some people on here with more experience and skill than most of us will ever have - post a rescue/restore thread and the help you will get will be just unbelievable. 

You don't see all of it on here - the PM's you get with the offers of help and support (like bits and offers to do things) still stagger me sometimes..
    @vale - this one needs a bit of fettling, but nothing too serious. Might be worth asking how straight the neck is, but it mostly seems like a duff neck pickup - which might be an easy fix, or you could just rip it out and put something cool in...! £74.99 and no bids.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-vintage-1963-WATKINS-RAPIER-22-Electric-Guitar-WEM-1960s-60s-ENGLAND-UK-/272587398883?hash=item3f77799ee3:g:d7gAAOSwuxFYxa57

edited March 2017
    edited March 2017
    thanks for the heads up on these two. have feeling that starting price a final selling price may open up, but worth a watch.

am actually planning to build a bod based on an early & obscure brit. that will mean i can have all the lush & weird styling but also have a playable neck (a lot of these early brits not always players, improbable actions, no truss rod, intonation not a priority, tremolo of death, etc).

but a cheap vintage brit project bod would save a painful build, so i try to keep eyes & mind open.
    & harryseven is consintently a gem for unearthing these shabby treasures.