Gigrig distributors and small Strymon pedals

keirkeir Frets: 137
I have a few Strymon pedals - Deco, Brigadier and Flint. Does anyone power these through a Gigrig distributor? They deliver enough current but aren't isolated.

The Gigrig website says that they work but would be better with a Timelord adapter, does the distributor route cause any issues?

Thanks 
Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7419
    edited March 2017
    Without Timelord they aren't isolated so you may get noise. I had a flint and el cap which were noisy together but Timelords cured that
    Red ones are better. 
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    TimmyO said:
    Without Timelord they aren't isolated so you may get noise. I had a flint and el cap which were noisy together but Timelords cured that
    Ah looks like I'll need to need to pick up some timelords to power them then. Cheers. 
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    I told you this 2 weeks ago chief!
    pmg said:
    I told you this 2 weeks ago chief!
    I know. Only 4 more Timelords to procure and I'll ready!
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    you'll get there.  look how far you've come already
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    You could try an isolator  rather than a distributor.  Cheaper option, but IME Strymons are noisy given half a chance.
    edited March 2017
    hywelg said:
    You could try an isolator  rather than a distributor.  Cheaper option, but IME Strymons are noisy given half a chance.
    Don't do that, isolator outputs don't have enough current per output - not surprising given it needs to fit 4 mini transformers in there
    Red ones are better. 
    Btw if you're still looking I'll probably have all my gigrig stuff up for sale at the end of the week once I've tested out the Helix
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    Btw if you're still looking I'll probably have all my gigrig stuff up for sale at the end of the week once I've tested out the Helix
    Cool, definitely need a few bits so dibs would be great.