Bristol Guitar Show - Sunday 30th April

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14242
    tFB Trader
    Not long to go now - starting to make plans of what I'm taking so hope to see a few new and familiar faces
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    edited April 2017 tFB Trader
    This suspicious character will also be there!

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Will definitely be coming along! 

Have never been to anything like this...when it says about selling gear, is that aimed at individuals? i.e. can I take something I'm trying to sell? Or is that aimed at dealers/exhibitors?
    tFB Trader
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Will definitely be coming along! 

Have never been to anything like this...when it says about selling gear, is that aimed at individuals? i.e. can I take something I'm trying to sell? Or is that aimed at dealers/exhibitors?
    at such table top shows you can walk round with a guitar in case/bag with a printed label 'for sale' etc - what it is an offers around £99 etc - generally there is no area for you to 'exhibit' from as such - but dealers and visitors might see it and buy
    Thanks @guitars4you - it's a fairly high end Taylor acoustic - wrong crowd for that type? Is it more electric oriented? 
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I'm a friend of Neil's, and will be working there :) it's gonna be a great day! 
    tFB Trader
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Thanks @guitars4you - it's a fairly high end Taylor acoustic - wrong crowd for that type? Is it more electric oriented? 
    more electric than acoustic - not seen the layout as there might be an acoustic area/room - see link above for @mojoken - drop him a line - he is the organiser
    That's great thanks
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    I was bitterly disappointed in the last couple of Bristol shows and felt robbed of my entry fee. Question is, will the newly refurbished venue and apparent uplift in quality at the Brum show make a big enough difference for me to want to attend? I want to support it, but it was over in 10 minutes for me last time. 
    tFB Trader
    Parker said:
    I was bitterly disappointed in the last couple of Bristol shows and felt robbed of my entry fee. Question is, will the newly refurbished venue and apparent uplift in quality at the Brum show make a big enough difference for me to want to attend? I want to support it, but it was over in 10 minutes for me last time. 
    In truth I can't answer that - I'm only there as an exhibitor and nothing to do with 'planning' - But I exhibit at many shows - depends what you are looking for - Generally far less 'corporate new' manufactures exhibit at such 'table top' shows - Yet more used and to a degree interesting - very rarely do I not find anything for me to buy for stock, so are some good buys as well -There are other retailers there with no products and a few decent demos - Stuart Ryan is generally worth seeing
  • Going to happen along all being well and I can smuggle the card out!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    tFB Trader
    Only a week to go and looks like just about sold out as far as exhibitors go

Parking on site as well - hope to see a few new and familiar faces there 
    tFB Trader
    Final push on Bristol Show this bank holiday weekend - hopefully a few will make it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5037
    Final push on Bristol Show this bank holiday weekend - hopefully a few will make it
    I'll be there Mark, and will certainly pop by to say hello. Any special show deals on offer...?  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    tFB Trader
    I'll be there Mark, and will certainly pop by to say hello. Any special show deals on offer...?  :)
    will be great to see you again - looking at stock now so I'm sure there will be something + ditto on string deals, accessories and a few parts/bits etc - I'm almost first stand after entry
  • I'll be going :)

• ParkerParker Frets: 960
    I think I read that you can sell gear there? How does that work as I have a few items 
    edited April 2017 tFB Trader
    @parker - You can't get a stand now as such- so take a guitar in a case or bag and put a for sale label on it, walk round hope some one asks - at the door they will give you a security pass for it - Or talk to exhibitors and see what interest there is
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Went to the show and really enjoyed it...
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Me too! Better attended than I expected as well.