XVive pedals

What's Hot
jonnygreentreesjonnygreentrees Frets: 671
Anyone tried any of these? Can't fit my BOSS CE-2 clone on my board so ordered their chorus/vibrato. Should be turning up today. 

They look like the Mooers but seem to have more original designs and some guys with backgrounds at Pigtronix and EHX designing the circuits
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Howard Davies was/is there. I've not tried them, but the new mini DMM clone looks very cool! 
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited March 2017
    How can you not like this little guy...
    imagehttp://www.xviveaudio.com/uploadfile/E1-01.jpg" />

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnygreentreesjonnygreentrees Frets: 671
    edited March 2017
    That looks awesome, however this:

does not!

If I like it I'm going to have to repaint it

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Yeah, just beware though - the chorus versions are usually legit with modern BBD and Clock, but the delay are almost never analogue. I bought one to open up and check, it's a modern digital PT2399 chip in there, and not a very good one at that. Get the time knob past half way and there's all sorts of digital noise and motorboating going on. 

Mine was the pink Xvive delay, but I'm fairly certain it's the same circuit in all of the cut price 1590a pedals.  Not sure about the pictured Echoman though, looks a little different. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    Apparently the Golden Brownie is a really good MIAB.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, just beware though - the chorus versions are usually legit with modern BBD and Clock, but the delay are almost never analogue. I bought one to open up and check, it's a modern digital PT2399 chip in there, and not a very good one at that. Get the time knob past half way and there's all sorts of digital noise and motorboating going on. 

Mine was the pink Xvive delay, but I'm fairly certain it's the same circuit in all of the cut price 1590a pedals.  Not sure about the pictured Echoman though, looks a little different. 
    Xvive are saying they are the legit analog chips in there, designed by the guy who designed the DMM. Can't spot a price on it as yet. 

TTBZ said:
    They have a few pedals within their range designed with Thomas Blug and that's one of them. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader

Xvive are saying they are the legit analog chips in there, designed by the guy who designed the DMM. Can't spot a price on it as yet. 

TTBZ said:
    They have a few pedals within their range designed with Thomas Blug and that's one of them. 
    In the Echoman one? Might have to take a punt, professional interest and all that. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Some slightly misleading advertising here

The echoman does seem to use the Xvive MN3005 chip 

http://www.xviveaudio.com/productInfo.asp?id=355

However the pink delay is billed as having an "Xvive Orginal Chip" even though it's a PT2399

http://www.xviveaudio.com/productInfo.asp?id=201
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, just beware though - the chorus versions are usually legit with modern BBD and Clock, but the delay are almost never analogue. I bought one to open up and check, it's a modern digital PT2399 chip in there, and not a very good one at that. Get the time knob past half way and there's all sorts of digital noise and motorboating going on. 

I'll open up the chorus and see what's going on inside
    tFB Trader

\I have the Donner light blue and smaller purple chorus, both have Coolaudio BBD and clock chips. Miracle for something so cheap and small.

TTBZ said:
    In the Echoman one? Might have to take a punt, professional interest and all that. 
    Sorry, yes, the Echoman one. They do another bigger delay pedal the W3 analog delay that's another Howard Davies design. 
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Xvive are actually re-manufacturing Panasonic MN3005 delay BBDs, and they also sell them to us DIYers, which is nice. Though they are still pricey, it's not like trying to buy real MN3005 nowadays.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358

\I have the Donner light blue and smaller purple chorus, both have Coolaudio BBD and clock chips. Miracle for something so cheap and small.

Are they both the same chorus circuit or are they different? Just out of interest.

That's a bit cheeky about the pink xvive delay being pt2399 (and also claiming it's their proprietary chip!), but i wouldn't be surprised if that echoman is actually analogue- I think the bigger one was, and there were a lot of threads about it at the time about possibly being a cheaper DMM. I haven't tried it, though.
  • As Xvive manufacture new MN3005s and that's what they say are in the echo man I reckon it probably is analogue 
    tFB Trader
    As Xvive manufacture new MN3005s and that's what they say are in the echo man I reckon it probably is analogue 
    Agreed. I want one, but they don't seem to be for sale yet.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    ^ Wow.
  • That is awful...especially as XVive are claiming on the pedals page that it was designed by Howard D. Even if it's loosely true, he didn't design THAT pedal. Bad form!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    /China
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Got this today and sending it straight back, horrible clipping sound when you play heavily 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom