NGD Suhr Alt T Pro

What's Hot

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5261
    edited March 2017
    even though i far prefer Rosewood frtboards   i would say stick with the one you have @simonk .......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5162
    Yep...Defo stick with the Burst unless your a Man City fan :)
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    Anyne own of these ? Thoughts ?
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Still got mine, still love it.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Hey Waz, yes had one for last 9 months or so, it’s a great guitar, does the hot Tele thing but also covers all my humbucker needs. It’s articulate and sweet sounding. Cos @kebabkid tried mine and has promptly bought one too.

A word to the wise, they’ve changed the spec and they will now come with SSV pickups instead of Thornbuckers which is a shame as the TB’s make it for me, low output and the neck pickup retains real clarity (my issue with most Gibson’s).

UK has a few of the Alt T Pro options left but not many, the new spec drops the Pro designation so is easy to spot.
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    Here’s mine with its stablemate 
    https://i.imgur.com/3CYpIKl.jpg

dindude said:
    Hey Waz, yes had one for last 9 months or so, it’s a great guitar, does the hot Tele thing but also covers all my humbucker needs. It’s articulate and sweet sounding. Cos @kebabkid tried mine and has promptly bought one too.

A word to the wise, they’ve changed the spec and they will now come with SSV pickups instead of Thornbuckers which is a shame as the TB’s make it for me, low output and the neck pickup retains real clarity (my issue with most Gibson’s).

UK has a few of the Alt T Pro options left but not many, the new spec drops the Pro designation so is easy to spot.
    Thanks for that mate...

Yep, Id clocked the pick up change... and I agree, Ive been after that clear humbucker thing forever. Nik Huber came closest, and the original ‘74 Thinline I briefly owned had the wonderful Seth Lovers in.

Hmmm, tempted by one if these...
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 847
    @Wazmeister I’ve had one for over a year now and it’s probably the guitar I play the most. Incredibly versatile, the pickups sound amazing and all the switching options. The single coil sounds are more Strat than Tele.
    It plays amazing and always sounds in tune all over the neck.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    Agree about the Thornbuckers, they’re possibly my favourite ‘buckers ever. Don’t write off the SSV’s without trying them in that guitar though, as I can imagine them working well. Picked up a modern satin this week with SSV’s and gigged it last night and they/it sounded glorious.

Very impressed with the coil split sounds on the SSV’s too.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2198
    simonk said:
    Agree about the Thornbuckers, they’re possibly my favourite ‘buckers ever. Don’t write off the SSV’s without trying them in that guitar though, as I can imagine them working well. Picked up a modern satin this week with SSV’s and gigged it last night and they/it sounded glorious.

Your cat looks pretty chilled out in the background 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @dindude ;

Nice video here ;)

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited August 2018
    https://i.imgur.com/cLEJbrK.jpg

I'm about a month in with my Alt T Pro from Guitar Guitar, Epsom and I love it and I've not put it down since I've got it.

It's different enough to my other 2 guitars, a 'Leo's Broom' MIM SSH Strat and a Robert Cray SSS Hardtail, but will also cover them ever so well. Plus, it's a Swamp Ash Body, Maple Neck and the others are Alder bodies and Rosewood necks - think about that if gigging abroad and CITES but it's light (chambered and an F hole) and resonant and as I stack my overdrives and things can get gainy ala Lukather, Timmons, AOR stuff, I've had no problems with feedback.

Previously, I've had 2 nice Suhrs and I'd call myself a 'Superstrat' player but this one brings together a lot of different guitars and will cover a lot of styles but just has a more familiar, vintagey-meets-modern feel to the others. The Suhr Standard I had is the one  currently shown in the latest Guitar Guitar Pre-Owned Video and up for £2399 (Edit:Sold today). Shame someone didn't nab it here when it was a bargain and several hundred pounds cheaper.

The pickup selections on the Alt T Pro have been well-thought out and the Thornbuckers are a revelation in humbuckers, offering up good strong HBs for LP and 335 type sounds with definition and sustain but they also split very well for Tele and Strat sounds. I had SSVs in my last two, and even Lollar Imperial Low Winds in a PRS, and they're all nice HB pickups, but the TBs are something else.

Worth giving these a whirl in their original spec when you can find them
    @dindude ;

Nice video here ;)

Ha, that was done with almost no volume and crappy phone mic, need to do one with the OX
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    dindude said:
    @dindude ;

Nice video here ;)

Ha, that was done with almost no volume and crappy phone mic, need to do one with the OX
    Sounds good to me mate :)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited August 2018
    These look and sound lovely guitars, congrats. I like Daphne blues too...I have a Strat that colour. But stick with the sunburst...it looks very stylish and classic.  For me the sonic blue doesn't look quite right for this guitar..it's a little cold and flat looking by comparison, whereas the sunburst has a lovely warm look that fits well with the guitars look and tonality. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Tried one a couple of weeks ago in Epson GuitarGuitar, was black. Played beautifully, like all Suhr's do. Really nice guitar.

I didn't click with my Classic Pro, but have a feeling that could have been down to the silent pickup system they had in there, I don't think they have them in the Alt T as it's got humbuckers.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • I have mine for three weeks or so and really like it. Trans Brown, swamp ash, thornbuckers.  The neck is really good, slightly chunkier than a  Fender CS mid 60's C. I have replaced a CS tele and a 335 type and so far do not miss either.  Without doing an A/B comparison it is hard to know if it nails those tones exactly but it sounds great. The pickup switching lets it cover jazzy and twangy.

https://i.imgur.com/fxAwoHk.jpg
    Well, I’ve folded and ordered one...

Thanks for all the info good people :)

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom