When Rock Goes Acoustic - BBC4

ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
Just watched this on iPlayer last night.

What a load of complete irritating crap. Perhaps we're spoiled because we've come to expect serious, informative music documentaries from the BBC, but this was just awful… I'm not sure if it was intended as humour and failed, or whether it really was meant to be as shallow and patronising as it was. Or maybe it's just that Mark Radcliffe's delivery makes me want to punch him.

There were a few seconds of interesting material scattered through the hour… surprisingly for me, the high point was James Dean Bradfield, who came across as thoughtful and played some intricate stuff I wouldn't have really expected - but there was only the briefest passing glimpse of that - and Keef was pretty good. Apart from that mostly just a few recycled clips we've seen before thrown together.

Poor.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I quite enjoyed it tbh, but yes i think it was the way Radcliffe or at least the "script" put it over as a bit of a pisstake.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom