Reverb or delay?

What's Hot

Comments

• longilongi Frets: 95
    Love delay but also love reverb, delay pips it though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    jellyroll said:
    The CKK Space Station is a similar concept ( probably nicked off EQD ) for less money.

But the real answer is either - just so long as there's enough of it you can't tell what I'm supposed to be playing. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    edited March 2017
    I've always been more of a delay person, but sometimes I'd like to include some dreamy reverb to go with the delay.

The new Sky Hi Reverb/Delay from Alexander might be worth a look.

Been looking for ages for the right verb/delay pedal but there's not too much out there to satisfy my cravings. The Dispatch Master above gets bags of praise but I'd like more features.

Dopesick said:
    I've always been more of a delay person, but sometimes I'd like to include some dreamy reverb to go with the delay.

The new Sky Hi Reverb/Delay from Alexander might be worth a look.

Been looking for ages for the right verb/delay pedal but there's not too much out there to satisfy my cravings. The Dispatch Master above gets bags of praise but I'd like more features.

If it ever actually hits the shops the Mooer Ocean Machine is delay+reverb and has a lot of features.
    @EricTheWeary Ah yes good call. The amount of knobs and stuff though looks like overkill.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4532
    This looks like a nifty delay 

Yeah my mate works for the distribution company of Sinvertek and says he may let me try that out. It looks good - sorta like their own take on the Tonal Recall. Some of the smaller knobs look really fiddly though.
    @Dopesick ;That'd be neat to try..hopefully those smaller knobs will be set and forget
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Both, but in parallel to avoid things getting mushy. A little bit of medium room reverb helps to loosen what is otherwise a very dry sound. Then there are those moments when you need a repeat.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Dopesick said:
    Yeah my mate works for the distribution company of Sinvertek and says he may let me try that out. It looks good - sorta like their own take on the Tonal Recall. Some of the smaller knobs look really fiddly though.

DesVegas said:
    This looks like a nifty delay 

Not seen UK price or availability yet on that. Not that I have any money but it's $189 or something in the USA so it'd be interesting to see the price here.
    As I understand Sinvertek are part of the same company as CKK, those are available from Gear4Music and look like really nice mid range (i.e. Boss alternative) pedals. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I like a bit of spring on everything, but only enough to take the edge off, then I'm a delay guy all the way.

Too much reverb makes me itch, fun for a few minutes but then I want my tone, attack, and dynamics back please. I honestly think we'll look back at the over-reverbed trend we see at the moment in years to come the same as we do with chorus and the 80's.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    edited March 2017
    I always have the ghost echo on for a little bit of reverb...

then on on top of that I've realised that although I like delay, since I've had the WA Descent I've become more of a reverb person...Delay to me now is more a simple repeat thing and I stack it with reverb for more more...
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Better than a kick in the bollocks
    Great name for a BOOST pedal = Kick In The Bollocks!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Absolutely both. 
    Amen.  With taste of course.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Deijavoo said:
    Absolutely both. 
    +1 - each brings something different to the table. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Both, plus a bit of shimmer if I'm feeling frisky
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    kjdowd said:
    Always been a bit unclear re the term shimmer? Is that vibrato/tremolo or something else?
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Voxman said:
    kjdowd said:
    Always been a bit unclear re the term shimmer? Is that vibrato/tremolo or something else?
    It's a usually fairly subtle octave/harmony up effect applied to reverb and/or delay. @4114Effects  would be able to tell you more as built the rather excellent pedal I use. 
    Sometimes not that subtle, but yeah. Shimmer is a reverb or delay with an octave, sometimes two octaves up from the original guitar signal mixed in.