Marshall blues breaker , bb2 or original ? What's the difference ??!

What's Hot
riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
ive been well impressed with what I've heard of the Marshall bb2 with pretty much any Marshall amp.

They seem pretty keenly priced and easy to get hold of. I know they did a big box version but I've never heard one .

does anyone know what the differences are ?? Tone ? Quality ? Features ??
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    Personally didn't like the bb2 at all, it has a really raspy ragged distortion that is very "all or nothing" and won't do a subtle breakup.

Never tried the original Bluesbreaker, but I have a Mooer Blues Crab which is allegedly a clone of it and it's a million times better than the bb2.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    Had an original one, and made the mistake of selling it.  Bought a BB2 and it was rubbish.  Don't know what the circuit changes are but it does not sound the same.
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    edited March 2017
    I owned a BB2 and I'm afraid I thought it was absolutely terrible. I agree that it seems to sound like a totally different pedal to the original circuit.
  • BB2 isn't the same. I had useful sounds out of it, but unlike the rest of the range, it's largely arse. The GV2 and th jackhammer (and the reflector and mods... Actually, the entire range) has awesome sounds for not a lot of money so I don't know what they did with the BB2. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    Yup, I too was very disappointed with the BB2.  It's very muddy and doesn't really feel or sound like a jtm45.  However, put a 7 band stomp EQ pedal after it and it becomes much livelier and more useful.  And a tubescreamer before it gives a huge improvement too.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72510
    does anyone know what the differences are ?? Tone ? Quality ? Features ??
    Two different varieties of meh.

The old one has crap jacks. Both have crap switches.

The new one has an extra meh boost mode.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited March 2017
    Yeah stay away from the new one. It's basically just a cash in on the popularity of the v1
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    The original nearly always, was set everything at Max and was this inability to offer more tonal choices that lead to it being passed on for more variable modern equivalents. Hindsight is a bummer....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9717
    edited March 2017
    BB2 owner here. Bought it years ago when I didn't know any better. Sterile sounding raspy fizzy thing. Just to make things even worse, the position markers on the knobs are all but impossible to see even in bright daylight.

A Behringer TO-800 (which is under £20) is a far better pedal.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it