NGD- Lovely CS Content :)

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30912

Gilmour CS Relic....yummy.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You must be grinning like a cheshire cat now… almost makes up for yesterday ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    lovely!!  Have a wow :)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    edited February 2014
    You must be grinning like a cheshire cat now… almost makes up for yesterday ;-)
    Piss off Lynden ;-)

x

EDIT: you lot almost lost to the Eyeties...

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Lovely lovely.
  • Gassage said:
    You must be grinning like a cheshire cat now… almost makes up for yesterday ;-)
    Piss off Lynden ;-)

x

EDIT: you lot 'almost' lost to the Eyeties…
    Just tweaked that for you ;-) I watched both games yesterday, wounding end for the English.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TIG- thing was, we ended up with a centre on the wing, and he stayed back in the defensive line when he needed to echelon up....simple stuff, but that's what happens when out of position.

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    edited February 2014
    Loving that and more than a bit jealous.

Review it for us DG anoraks please, once you have stopped grinning like a loon and taking it to bed with you.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    Beautiful thing, I even love the case!
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    Neil;151888" said:
    Beautiful thing, I even love the case!

Your right it is a lovely case too
    ;)

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2357
    nice :D
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7142
    The ultimate 'bitsa' Strat.

The book is a good read and documents the various incarnations of this guitar. Would be great to get a review on the guitar from you on it as well.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• stonevibe said:
    The ultimate 'bitsa' Strat.

The book is a good read and documents the various incarnations of this guitar. Would be great to get a review on the guitar from you on it as well.
    The Black Strat book is a great read. Seeing the pics of black leather straps that Gilmour used in the 70s gave me the idea to get a replica one made. Barking mad really but it's a superb quality strap and only cost about £25 - strangely it doesn't make me play like Gilmour though.  :-S
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    edited February 2014
    OK:

1. Neck- very slim in section, lovely tint to it, and I mean spot on. 7.25 rad, which is not great for old sausage hands here. Fretwork is subllime and crowning v v good. I'm surprised how slim the neck is, but I know that the real Black Strat has the neck off the spare 80's 57 RI Candy Apple Red strat on it since DG took the rosewood charvel neck off it.
    2. Relicing- is truly wonderful. Spot on, and litte details, like the Kahler trem routing is there, as is the time when he had a jack on the bottom of the guitar as well as the normal strat jack.
    3. Hardware- a searing SSL1C in bridge, I think they're CS69's in neck and middle. It's a very, very powerful strat. The micro switch is essential to get the 'real' Echoes tone- if you shove the selector in poz 2, then flick the toggle, you have all 3 pups on, and you get this wall of sound which is brilliant. If you want a vintage strat, this is not it. It's a SC power machine. The neck and middle are warm, the bridge is gritty, grainy, muffy, super powerful, hot as hell. (7.8k I think(
    4. DG supershort trem arm. Load of bollocks so I have put one on I like ;-)
    7. Nitro finish is flawless and smells right (not flawless where relicing is, natch.)
    8. Trem- lovely and bouncy, 1/4T PU.
    9.Relicing 2- it's got the original colour underneath, so great detail there, and the wood is bleached where it's worn and exposed so that's a lovely touch too.
    10. Weight- it's light to medium I guess. Not as light as my telecaster, which needs to be tethered to the floor, but not quite as weighty as my 7lb 7oz Cunetto which has a much thicker neck.

It's very much a power scalpel. If you want the On an Islane Gdansk tones that's what it'll give, as that's the tone era it's based on. It's not got the diMarzio era tone, and it's deffo more powerful than the early incarnation. All in all a wonderful instrument. VERY resonant acoustically, so guessing fender used v good tonewood

edited February 2014
    Addendum: Case candy

All present and correct, including the book, signed by Phil Taylor, the CD unwrapped, the COA etc. One annoying thing is they bother to shove in an Evidence cable, but the shortest one avaialble.....!!!! Should have had at least a 5m.

On the premise pics tell 1000 words...here's the re;lic detailing..

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    I wonder if they actually went to the effort of routing for a Kahler and filling it. 

Cool guitar :-D
    Lew said:
    I wonder if they actually went to the effort of routing for a Kahler and filling it. 

Cool guitar :-D
    Yes.

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    oh, wow!
  • I know nothing about these relic guitars, but I do remember watching a TV program where DG was talking about this guitar. He was quite amazed at the level of detail Fender went into.

I must admit, that case looks nice. 

Well, there is a little footnote; this was one of the original 40 pre-production guitars sent to David and Phil Taylor to check. I have documented proof of this- a bill of sale from the Astoria to CCGX in Hampton, where I bought it.

:)