Does this decal look like it's been stuck on?

What's Hot
Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
So I got a partscaster in a trade many moons ago and now I have an American Vintage Reissue strat I thought it time to move the old girl on.  So I put it on eBay as I didn't have a set price in mind and listed it as a partscaster and said it's for spares/not working because it does need a partial refret and some other bits doing.

The guy I got it from said the neck is a JV and the body was an allparts body, which I've listed it as because it is an allparts body but not so sure about the neck now.  A guy has asked me if the neck has been re-finished or the decal replaced.  So I checked the headstock and there's like a border around the logo and the custom body decals which I have tried to show in the photos.

I just don't want to get collared by the eBay police so just asking for advice really.  I'm not expecting much for it so it's hardly going to be a heart breaker but I'd rater know it is a fake and keep it than sell it and land myself in hot water when the buyer makes a complaint.

Link to the listing below:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272587104765?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

If that's not no mods just let me know I'll get the photos uploaded on photobucket.

Cheers!

Neil.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9615
    Yes, that decal has definitely been stuck on. ;)

Most poly-finished guitars have the decal under the finish and you can't really see the border clearly, whereas many nitro finished guitars (American reissues or the Johnny Marr Jaguar for instance) have them on top of the lacquer where you can see the border. I don't know what the JVs were, but that one looks like it's on top of the finish.

I'm not an expert, but the shape of the headstock doesn't seem right somehow, and the Custom Contour Body decal looks too far up.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22795
    I don't know if Japanese Fenders/Squiers ever had the decal on top of the finish, but on US Fenders the borders of the decal follow the shape of the logo, it's not a big oval like that appears to be.

It could be a Squier neck with a copy Fender decal added later.  Or it could be anything, to be honest.

With a 99p start and the description you've given, it doesn't come across as a dodgy ad, maybe just say the neck's of uncertain origin?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Thanks for the advice, gents.  

I've pulled the listing for now and if anyone asks why then I can tell them I wasn't sure about the neck as I did list it as a JV neck and you can't change the title so don't want someone getting upset over it.  

It's a pretty decent guitar and I'd be sad to see it go so no real harm done.  Appreciate the advice!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    The fact that the trussrod hole goes into the rosewood fretboard is a little odd, looks a sweet guitar though