EHX Superego

What's Hot
CorvusCorvus Frets: 2929
in FX tFB Trader

Been wondering about these, I fancy a multi-filter / synthing something - got a Source Audio Stingray which has a ton more options, sounds and control than the Superego, but it could do with expression control to get the most out of it. Which means a pricey SA pedal, std one's won't work. And I just fancy a change, stupid GAS.

Dwarfcraft Happiness looks interesting but pricey. Haven't seen anything else that takes the fancy really and price is a factor, depending what I can shift to make Earth Pounds available.

Is the Superego a bit one-trick, or are there different good sounds to be had? No expression control is a slight downer. A clicky switch would be another, with the 'mom' mode. Any thoughts welcome.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    The Superego doesn't have any sort of filter in it. Its basically a Freeze pedal with some extra features. I had a Superego and if you're into that sort of droney, synthy, sustained stuff then they are undoubtedly great. The FX loop is a great addition and it only takes a cheap chorus pedal to turn this into something seriously synthy sounding but the Superego on its own doesn't do any "sound shaping" 
    How very rock and roll
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 600
    edited March 2017
    I have a Superego and stick a Pitch Fork and Zoom MS50 in its effects loop for a whole host of sounds. I can get all sorts of stuff from smooth,  synthy type pads to pseudo Hammond organ. The choice of momentary,  latching or auto modes is really useful. I tend to use the momentary mode the most. 
    It's not a click switch either,  it's a soft touch one. 

The Bill Ruppert demo on the EHX site shows a range of sounds off pretty well. 

I keep the above 3 pedals on a separate Nano+ board with an RC3 looper for a self contained ambient board that I can use on its own or connected to my main pedalboard.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2929
    tFB Trader
    Thanks guys, useful info, been looking at Zoom pedals just for the Slow Attack effect so could all be good.