Post Truth Historic reissues coming soon

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DamianPDamianP Frets: 499
    There's something wrong with hide glue?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14317
    tFB Trader
    Priceless - fantastic - will watch it again - I also love the Hitler and SRV tone clip
  • DamianP said:

Yeah... it hides... so nobody knows if it's really there or not. That alone makes it hard to manufacture a Truer Than True Historic - because nobody can tell if the hide glue was actually present on the original 59s... or whether the glue hid itself in another part of the Kalamazoo facility for the entire 58 to 60 period.
  • Today.... True Historics

Next year... Truer Historics

Year after that... Truest Historics

Year after that... Truester Historics

yeah but what's after truester
    PRS SE.
    edited March 2017 tFB Trader
    DamianP said:

Yeah... it hides... so nobody knows if it's really there or not. That alone makes it hard to manufacture a Truer Than True Historic - because nobody can tell if the hide glue was actually present on the original 59s... or whether the glue hid itself in another part of the Kalamazoo facility for the entire 58 to 60 period.
    does it make any difference what breed of animal it comes from or indeed which country the animal is from and it is organic fed or not - just a thought !!!!!!!!!!!!! - I wish to seek for additional info regarding hide glue !!!!!!
    DamianP said:

DamianP said:

does it make any difference what breed of animal it comes from or indeed which country the animal is from and it is organic fed or not - just a thought !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ah, I see. It's like that.

Oh well.  As you wish.
    tFB Trader
    DamianP said:
    http://www.frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Data/Materials/hideglue.html

check out this link Damian - if it helps
    edited March 2017
    DamianP said:

Thank you but I've been using it for more years than I care to remember.

It seemed like the video inferred that there was something "funny" about it.   I'm not sure I see the joke.   

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    DamianP said:
    DamianP said:

It seemed like the video inferred that there was something "funny" about it.   I'm not sure I see the joke.   

Gibson change their historic spec to hide glue and up the price by 20% as it's more 'historic' - that's the joke
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    And yet they're still submerged in an ocean of debt... 

"You swan around like a high roller this deep in debt, you've got some brass nuts, Henry..."

"...brass high roller nuts you say?  The 2018 range is shaping up already..."
    tFB Trader
    DamianP said:
    DamianP said:

sorry if it sounded patronising sending the above hide glue link

My issue with Gibson is this constant hype of last years R9 was okay, this years will be better, but you wait until next year and we might nail it - A good guitar is a good guitar , whilst a bad guitar is a bad and we probably all go along with that - Almost as though Henry is trying to create some form of Historic obsolescence, by making out a 2012 model is poor and 2011 is worse - My Tom Murphy R7 is now years old but I love it and not found a reason yet to change it - I've seen some very very nice True Historics, but I also seen some very nice non True Historics regarding looks, feel and tone - And we all know, that regardless of how nice a True Historic is, the fact is that it is not TRUE, with Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard probably the biggest absentee - But that is very unlikely to happen now

To a large degree all R9's (Historic Replicas) have inaccuracies regarding the pure exact details that certain players require - And I know they have now created more accurate details than in the past, but I don't agree a certain glue or plastic will improve how mine plays or feels compared to a 2012, 2015 or 2017 of a similar model - One component alone does not make it a killer guitar, it is the overall ethos including wood etc that makes it enjoyable to buy, play and own
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3297
    tFB Trader
    DamianP said:
    DamianP said:

sorry if it sounded patronising sending the above hide glue link

My issue with Gibson is this constant hype of last years R9 was okay, this years will be better, but you wait until next year and we might nail it - A good guitar is a good guitar , whilst a bad guitar is a bad and we probably all go along with that - Almost as though Henry is trying to create some form of Historic obsolescence, by making out a 2012 model is poor and 2011 is worse - My Tom Murphy R7 is now years old but I love it and not found a reason yet to change it - I've seen some very very nice True Historics, but I also seen some very nice non True Historics regarding looks, feel and tone - And we all know, that regardless of how nice a True Historic is, the fact is that it is not TRUE, with Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard probably the biggest absentee - But that is very unlikely to happen now

To a large degree all R9's (Historic Replicas) have inaccuracies regarding the pure exact details that certain players require - And I know they have now created more accurate details than in the past, but I don't agree a certain glue or plastic will improve how mine plays or feels compared to a 2012, 2015 or 2017 of a similar model - One component alone does not make it a killer guitar, it is the overall ethos including wood etc that makes it enjoyable to buy, play and own
    The Brazilian rosewood is the least of my complaints because I think they other boards like cocobolo, you'd never really know anyway

The biggest point for me is the fret scale has always been wrong to the 50's stuff

They will never be right, I don't care if it's same, worse or better, it's not bloody correct so stop all the historic bollocks please, Henry you're a very deluded man or a con artist
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692

Today.... True Historics

Next year... Truer Historics

Year after that... Truest Historics

Year after that... Truester Historics

Year after that... True Historics reissue.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11806
    Is it just me, or is it only the US where things only 50 years old are called "historic"? :) ;)

When they re-issue Henry VIIIs lute with a special sunburst made from his wives' blood, now THAT'S historic!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...