PSA: Zoom MS50G Multistomp owners read this

What's Hot
handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
edited March 2017 in FX
Zoom has this week released 3.0 firmware which is downloadable for free and it includes every single delay, modulation and reverb from the CDR-70 multistomp as well as all the purchasable downloads for the BT100 multistomp.

This is 86 extra FX for FREE!!!

What nice fellows!

Some of the new delays and reverbs are actually really nice and usable. I really hope they add these FX to the G3 as well.
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12900
    That's a good thing for MS50g owners but If you'd bought a CDR70 you'd be pretty pissed off round about now. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2927
    If they add them to the G3 that would be awesome.
  • Apart from being stereo does the CDR have any advantages over the MS50? I kept hearing people saying it had better converters but was that just a myth?
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    That's a good thing for MS50g owners but If you'd bought a CDR70 you'd be pretty pissed off round about now. 
    And even more annoyed if you'd bought the Bluetooth one and then paid £1.99 for each extra effect from the App Store. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • paulphoenixpaulphoenix Frets: 141
    edited March 2017
    thanks for the heads up. i own the MS100 does this mean the firmware update is worthless to me? 

scrap the above - zoom announced last week that all the extra effects in the stompshare shop for the MS-100 are now free. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited March 2017
    I've had the MS-50G and currently have the MS-70 CDR. I found there to be a difference in both pedals. Even if you had the preamp, cab sim aspects of the MS50G switched off, something messed with my board when used with other pedals and just didn't sound as good or clear as the CDR70 and I just couldn't get it to sit well with them (a mixture of true-bypass and buffered) and I messed around with the placement, too. A friend tried it with his board and noticed the same. Not so with the CDR.

I think as a standalone unit with the CDR70 updates and possible a couple of well-matched pedals, the MS50G's great.It's also a good back up or something for a small board. For the money, new or used,  the fact that these units have a decent tuner means that everything else, like a 2nd delay or some chorus etc is a bonus but there's so much more packed into these.

I've also had the Zoom bass stuff, too, like the B3 and MB60 and there were differences there with the B3 being the better sounding unit. I currently have their cheaper B1Xon and that's closer to the B3 but once again, there's a difference in sound and quality.

It's a shame there aren't any updates for the CDR and updates in general for the pedals mentioned have been very few and are slow coming.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

That's a good move, but can you update the other way round I wonder, if not then the MS50G becomes the one to have with everything.

I think perhaps Zoom have replacements in the pipeline.  Personally I think if they made a 2 button version of these with Tap tempo and did some better marketing, perhaps with uprated converters etc they could sell s bucket loads.  They probably did anyway, but they could charge a bit more if they were marketed as cheaper competition for Strymon etc and had the features players wanted. 

• This is excellent news for me - I didn't even know my MS50g WAS updateable! I never noticed the USB socket before.
     Happy days!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    Well done Zoom!! although i have the 100BT and am perfectly happy with that
  • This is excellent news for me - I didn't even know my MS50g WAS updateable! I never noticed the USB socket before.
     Happy days!
    eeeeeeeexcept you need Windows 7 or newer, so that f*cks that for me :(

• Kebabkid said:
    I've had the MS-50G and currently have the MS-70 CDR. I found there to be a difference in both pedals. Even if you had the preamp, cab sim aspects of the MS50G switched off, something messed with my board when used with other pedals and just didn't sound as good or clear as the CDR70 and I just couldn't get it to sit well with them (a mixture of true-bypass and buffered) and I messed around with the placement, too. A friend tried it with his board and noticed the same. Not so with the CDR.

I think as a standalone unit with the CDR70 updates and possible a couple of well-matched pedals, the MS50G's great.It's also a good back up or something for a small board. The fact that these units have a decent tuner means that everything else, like a 2nd delay or some chorus etc is a bonus but there's so much more in them.

I've also had the Zoom bass stuff, too, like the B3 and MB60 and there were differences there with the B3 being the better sounding unit. I currently have their cheaper B1Xon and that's closer to the B3 but once again, there's a difference in sound and quality.

It's a shame there aren't any updates for the CDR and updates in general for the pedals mentioned have been very few and are slow coming.

This js what I keep hearing.

i do think the MS50 "sucks tone" compared to something like a Line 6 M5 and always wondered if the CDR was different

I have used the ms50 extensively however as it is just so handy
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    This is excellent news for me - I didn't even know my MS50g WAS updateable! I never noticed the USB socket before.
     Happy days!
    Can't you do it round a mates house? It only takes 5 mins!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    This is excellent news for me - I didn't even know my MS50g WAS updateable! I never noticed the USB socket before.
     Happy days!
    This is why I keep a cheap laptop hanging around the house as my other computers are Mac's,  you never know when it will be handy to have a Windows machine to hand
  • By the way, the 100bt has now been discontinued.
     Happy days!
    Chap at work has offered to do it for me. Top bloke!

• 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    Took a fair few attempts, but finally got mine updated with desired effects, and really chuffed with it! Was planning on selling and getting a CDR, so has saved me a lot of hassle and get to keep some decent amp sounds too.  
  • What's everyone's pick of the new effects then? Any must-haves?
  • steersteer Frets: 1188
    edited March 2017
    The Klon Centaur was pretty awesome, the only effect I paid for on my ms100bt.

Can the MS100bt cope with me downloading every single add on effect, now that they are all free? Or is it's memory limited in any way? 

HEres the news by the way;
    https://www.zoom.co.jp/StompShare_Free
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    steer said:
    The Klon Centaur was pretty awesome, the only effect I paid for on my ms100bt.

Can the MS100bt cope with me downloading every single add on effect, now that they are all free? Or is it's memory limited in any way? 

HEres the news by the way;
    https://www.zoom.co.jp/StompShare_Free
    \o/
    This is the best thing i have heard for a long time, i had a look on the wife's iPhone at lunch at the Stompshare store .. reverse reverb .. dual parallel reverbs .. bass flangers .. all for free now .. it's going to be a fun night tonight going through them all