Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster - anyone have one?

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
edited March 2017 in Guitar
I was intrigued by the pick-up switching options - as I understand it, the 3 noiseless p/ups give 11 tones - 5 'normal', and 6 via a 'V6' 6-position tone-selector that operates a (battery powered) pre-amp.  So, in addition to 'classic' Strat tones, you get raunchier higher gain tones too.  

Being in a covers band, I like the idea of having a single guitar that can cover a wide range of tones.  I don't like an HSS layout so I was wondering if anyone here had one of these and could give feedback on it and comment as to whether this guitar gives thicker humbucker type tones?  As I've never had a guitar with a built in pre-amp before I was wondering how long the batteries last? 

Although advertised as Classic Copper, I think Rich Tone may have got the colour name wrong in their ad (or they posted the wrong pic).  I do like the colour in the pic below - anyone know what it's called? The classic copper is below for comparison.

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited March 2017
    No one here has one or tried one? 

BTW, Richtone say their pic is classic copper - must be the lighting or something. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2801
    Sounds like you really need this:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/76484/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom