Almost NGD

jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
Last month I bought a 2017 Les Paul Classic T on a whim. While the guitar felt nicely made. It could have done with a setup. Also as the guitar was incredibly loud & resonant acoustically. I felt the overcooked nature of the overwound bridge pickup rather harsh. I also hated the lack of a poker chip on the pickup switch, so I bought one off Ebay.

So I had it set up &  after some deliberation, I had a set of Lollar Imperials put in &......WOW!!!!!

It literally feels like a brand new guitar. Such is the difference. None of the shrieking top end at high gain. Instead its warm, fat & strident. Ive not stopped grinning all day.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2814/33223808750_92250a8885_z.jpg

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Nice!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    Congrats! Looks stunning btw
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    Love a gold Les Paul - great looking guitar!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    edited March 2017
    Nice one Jez and Lollar Imperials are nice. I had them in my PRS and went with the low winds. Which did you choose? Good on cleans, too.

Great looking Goldtop.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Kebabkid said:
    Nice one Jez and Lollar Imperials are nice. I had them in my PRS and went with the low winds. Which did you choose? Good on cleans, too.

Great looking Goldtop.
    Cheers man. They are just the stock medium gain ones. Cleans are lovely. Although I keep my amp gains quite low & run my power amp louder.