Hendrix Uni-vibe

rze99rze99 Frets: 2283

I dropped into Vintage Guitar Boutique 49 Bethnal Green Rd, London E1 6LA as I was in the area.

Not been there before. Great shop. Nice guys, easy unpretentious chat. The store was clearly positioned and designed to get the City types alongside the Hoxton Hipsters. A nicely laid out well stocked and spacious store full of the whole of the Fender range, a few used and some vintage guitars though not that many. Leather Sofas, carpets and no worries about noise for trying out kit.

This ex-demonstrator pedal was for sale and I'd been thinking about a univibe for some time so I picked it up at a good discount. Couldn't resist it with those graphics! Yes, I do know there are better Uni-vibes, but this one's got Jimi on it....

Last night I had a lot of fun pairing it with a Strat, a Marshall with DRRI combined with the uni-vibe through both sometimes and then through just one of them (which I prefer.)

Great running through those classics such as Wind Cries Mary, Voodoo Chile, Stone Free, Foxey Lady. etc with this on  Don't know why I didn't get one before now.

Hendrix Uni-vibeJPG
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Love mine, the previous one with the orangy Hendrix artwork. As far as I know they're the same inside as the black MXR on. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2283
    Yeah they are the same so I read. Sounded pretty good to me last night wiht a wide range of modulations. I really dug it with one unaffected amp and another with this on it. Really spacious and great wiht a Stat and some dirt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom