Klein Epic 52 Tele Pickups and Brit alternatives...

What's Hot
AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
edited March 2017 in Guitar
Hi all,

I'm looking to change the pickups in the My Fender 64 American Vintage Reissue.  It has the slab board neck and alder body, and vintage radius.  The reason I'd like to change the stock pickups is because I find them quite dark, compressed, and a little muddy for blues.

I'm looking for lots of dynamics and vintage style. My style is bluesy and I play very clean.  If I could sum up the tone style I'm after it's this:

I know I know it's all in his fingers...  But that tells the style I like...

My strat has a set of Klein S7s and absolutely love em. Get a lot of compliments about how clear sounding they are.  So... my first thought was Klein again and stumbled across the Epic 52s demonstrated by Kingman, nice eh?:

But... I'd like buy British if possible if I can find something....  Now I've trawled the British pickup builder websites and there aren't many sound clips for my style with slab board teles, and I don't want to buy blind.  I wasn't that keen on Bare Knuckles for my style and they recommended the Brown Sugars.  But unsure about them.

The Creamery Vintage 1's could be an option but can't find any clips with a slab board tele.... So  unsure how they sound.

To bring this brainless ramble to a conclusion... Can anyone recommend me some British pups that are super transparent, low output sound good with a slab board and that puts me in the ballpark of Fords vid?

British builders, the Klein website is awesome for sound clips examples.  That's what I'd like to see as a potential buyer...

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments