End music to the film Rango

What's Hot
Saw this film yesterday and the end music was fab. Kind of manic Mexican mariachi meets Brian Setzer! I'm not cyberstuf savvy enough to upload one of those link thingy bobs. ....but it's on the Tube if you fancy having a listen.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I've never seen the film but a lot of the soundtrack ( including the Rango theme) was performed by Los Lobos and mariachi meets Setzer sounds like them. Highly underrated​ band in my opinion. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 

This? I think that's Los Lobos but is clearly an homage to Dick Dale. You need more Dick in your ode Stanley. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365

This? I think that's Los Lobos but is clearly an homage to Dick Dale. You need more Dick in your ode Stanley. 
    He's right you know, that sounds like a pastiche of Dick Dale's "Misirlou". Dick Dale had Middle Eastern roots, a lot of his early stuff has echoes of it. He was a really innovative guitarist, he basically invented the surf guitar sound and worked with Leo Fender in the 60s developing amps that could stand up to the punishment of his constant gigging. He's turned into a big of a nutter as he's got older, apparently he's bought a huge ranch in the US and built a landing strip on it to welcome the aliens when they arrive. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    boogieman said:

He's right you know, that sounds like a pastiche of Dick Dale's "Misirlou". Dick Dale had Middle Eastern roots, a lot of his early stuff has echoes of it. He was a really innovative guitarist, he basically invented the surf guitar sound and worked with Leo Fender in the 60s developing amps that could stand up to the punishment of his constant gigging. He's turned into a big of a nutter as he's got older, apparently he's bought a huge ranch in the US and built a landing strip on it to welcome the aliens when they arrive. 
    That was supposed to be 'in your life' and ode is a weird typo/autocorrect. 

Volume, aggression, exotic scales - some regard him as the grandfather of heavy metal. I heard him interviewed on Radio 4 once and he was saying something like I can play anything and played some flamenco but I like to play this and went bambambambambambam into the Misirlou riff. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3495
    boogieman said:
    Agree about Dick Dale, and I think his cover of Misirlou is one of the finest cover versions of all times.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3453
    Some people need some dick in their lives, Fact! 
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    the melody is very 'Flashing Blade'
    play every note as if it were your first
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    Quite possibly the worst film I've seen in my life, but I don't recall the soundtrack
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Schnozz said:
    Quite possibly the worst film I've seen in my life, but I don't recall the soundtrack
    You sir are a fool. :) :D