Frustrated at working notice

What's Hot
FosterFoster Frets: 1100
I handed my notice in a few weeks ago and asked what the required notice is (I don't have a written contract despite having asked for one since I started over 3 years ago), I was asked if i'd mind working a months notice and i've given them that plus more.

However, now i've trained someone else how to do my job i'm struggling to find stuff to do at work - I'm utterly bored out of my tree. I'm a bit peeved off that the person I wanted to replace me wasn't an option as 'other guy has been here longer and it wouldn't be fair for someone to climb the ladder before him'.

Now other guy is a good mate of mine but he's not very bright. I don't think he's suited to the role as it requires a fair bit of computer work plus checking and calculating results - his thinking process of if he does something wrong is it doesn't matter. So i'm a bit peeved that whereas the role I created is going to be done by someone who doesn't actually care - which to me suggests the company doesn't give a crap about that role either.

Anyway, rant over. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 291
    It sounds like the management are somewhat misguided if they have replaced your role on the basis of 'time served' versus best suitability for the role. Whilst understandably frustrating for you, they will have to live by that decision. In order to reduce the boredom, I would ask if there is something else you could do (even just part time) since you have trained the guy now performing your role.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited March 2017
    If you don't have a contract and agreed 1 months notice why are you still there? Just go.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Yup, just go. Say you have served your notice, you don´t have a contract, so bye bye.
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    If you don't have a contract and agreed 1 months notice why are you still there? Just go.
    Because I don't want to burn any bridges. New job looks and sounds fantastic but there's always a chance it could be shite for me. What would be the point in making things worse at current place of employment? I already have a start date at new company and everything is arranged - leaving sooner will mean I make myself look bad and will have far less money.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3453
    I'm leaving, nobody try and stop me! Here I go, leaving , now, don't try and stop me, here we go, I'm leaving, don't even think about stopping me.....

Haven't you left yet?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    Sounds like you're doing the right thing by leaving this company! 
    It's always best not to burn any bridges, but remember that you don't owe them anything so just enjoy getting paid for not needing to do very much!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom