ACDC - Back In Black...hands up!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28753
    As said, it's all about timing. Hardly any 'DC songs sound right with only one guitar, and Malcolm's parts are more important than Angus's. Our lot used to do Shoot to Thrill and You Shook Me... as warm-ups in rehearsals (not the right style for the gigs we were playing!). Absolutely brilliant fun when both guitarists are properly on it. 

I enjoy playing Malcolm's stuff as much as just about anything else. Just perfect bouncy rhythm playing.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2254
    The lick can be counted as 1 e & a, 2 e & a, but with a silent 1.
    Just remember to "let one go".
    It's not a competition.
  • ricorico Frets: 1221
    Voxman said:
    rico said:
    It's never struck me as particularly tricky! 
    And nor me to be honest. But we are all 'wired' differently and there are plenty of other riffs I struggle with that others can pick up and play very naturally.  
    Yes you're right. I'm playing with a rock n roll covers band in a month or so and the intro to Johnny Be Goode has been like a tongue twister for my fingers. It's nailed now but it was very frustrating!
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    rico said:
    Voxman said:
    rico said:
    And nor me to be honest. But we are all 'wired' differently and there are plenty of other riffs I struggle with that others can pick up and play very naturally.  
    Yes you're right. I'm playing with a rock n roll covers band in a month or so and the intro to Johnny Be Goode has been like a tongue twister for my fingers. It's nailed now but it was very frustrating!
    It took me ages to learn that riff the 'right' way from the record and I played it that way until I realised that Chuck varied it live anyway! So, I thought if he could vary it why can't I!  So I do a kind of cross variation now that mixes it up a bit e.g.

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • randellarandella Frets: 4732
    As said, it's all about timing. Hardly any 'DC songs sound right with only one guitar, and Malcolm's parts are more important than Angus's. Our lot used to do Shoot to Thrill and You Shook Me... as warm-ups in rehearsals (not the right style for the gigs we were playing!). Absolutely brilliant fun when both guitarists are properly on it. 

I enjoy playing Malcolm's stuff as much as just about anything else. Just perfect bouncy rhythm playing.
    @stickyfiddle I've always found Malcolm's parts more fun to play, there's something about them that's infectious and they make me grin like an idiot every time. Loud amp and off you go. 

Anyone who who says they're easy to play, I can guarantee, isn't doing them right ;)
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2254
    Voxman said:
    rico said:
    Voxman said:
    rico said:
    It took me ages to learn that riff the 'right' way from the record and I played it that way until I realised that Chuck varied it live anyway! So, I thought if he could vary it why can't I!  So I do a kind of cross variation now that mixes it up a bit e.g.

The guitar sounds great and very authentic. You're right that Chuck Berry varied it a lot. I've got another version of the riff stuck in my head (at the start of the clip below) and find it difficult to think of the 'usual correct' version.

It's not a competition.