Does anyone have a Fender Mexican Cabronita in their vicinity?

What's Hot
BowksBowks Frets: 446
edited April 2017 in Guitar
If so, and if you have a set of calipers available, please could you do me a favour and measure the mounting screws distance, that’s the outer two centre to centre and let me know if they are either 1.660” or 1.770”.

I fancy myself a new bridge and need the info to order. :-) 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3497
    Without wanting to sound flippant, couldn't you just measure yours then? Or do you mean does anyone with a set of calipers and a mexi cabronita care to tell you the measurement?
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had an early one but sold it about a year ago. If my memory serves me correctly there were two slightly different bridges fitted during the production of the cabronita models - certainly two different string spacings anyway. The bridge changed around the time of the introduction of the thinline cabronita (2012?). 

I put the bridge from Axecaster on mine. I seem to remember some info on the Axecaster blog. Also, Gavin from Axecaster hangs out on here as @gavin_axecaster and may be able to help you out. The bridge he sells is very nice for the money - certainly better than the original one fitted to mine.
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 528
    edited April 2017 tFB Trader
    As luck would have it I have a Mexi La Cab bridge on my desk - I get 1.772 inches.
    The bridges on the Mexicans stayed the same but Fender changed the string through holes on the body to match the bridge on the 2013 and later models (CAR/SG and Thinlines). On the original 2012 models the body holes were 52.5mm spaced and oversized, hence working with both a 52.5 and 54mm spaced bridge.

http://axecaster.co.uk/blog/?p=1447

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    grungebob said:
    Without wanting to sound flippant, couldn't you just measure yours then? Or do you mean does anyone with a set of calipers and a mexi cabronita care to tell you the measurement?

I took it that he was in work/not at home and was wanting to make an order.
  • BowksBowks Frets: 446
    edited April 2017
    As luck would have it I have a Mexi La Cab bridge on my desk - I get 1.772 inches.
    The bridges on the Mexicans stayed the same but Fender changed the string through holes on the body to match the bridge on the 2013 and later models (CAR/SG and Thinlines). On the original 2012 models the body holes were 52.5mm spaced and oversized, hence working with both a 52.5 and 54mm spaced bridge.

http://axecaster.co.uk/blog/?p=1447

Thank you gavin, much obliged. I'm off to place an order!
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3497
    underdog said:
    grungebob said:

I took it that he was in work/not at home and was wanting to make an order.
    ah hadn't thought of that, that'll teach me to go on the forum day drunk.
    apologies
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom