What to buy

mprcompmprcomp Frets: 1
Hi,

I have started playing guitar again after a few years. I have an Epiphone Les Paul Amber topish guitar. 

I want something on the other side. The obvious is to buy a Fender Stratocaster. Obviously if was rich would get an elite but that is crazy.

So could get a second hand one USA model. Buy a Fender Aerodyne that actually quite liked other day just not radius on board. Get a Fender Special Strat instead.

I also watch quite a bit of Rob Chapman stuff so could get a cap 10 america as has coil split. 

The new Chapman guitars have been released and the new ML1 traditional Pro looks a beast. However, hard to judge when live no where near andertons to have a go and they not coming out till end of June start of July. 

So any advice would be greatly appreciated. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mprcompmprcomp Frets: 1
    Surely someone must have some advice?
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Classic vibe tele.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    edited April 2017
    On the basis that used USA guitars will usually be fairly easy to sell - and long as you pay 'the going rate' - you'll lose little or nothing if you subsequently move it on.

I find the transition between Strats and Les Pauls pretty difficult (I'm much more comfortable with Strats). You may find you can swap between them easily - but just in case you can't - its worth considering a future exit strategy when buying.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    I find strat to lp quite comfy but these things have greater effect on some than others. I have more problems going down to a vintage neck on the same guitar type.
  • ricorico Frets: 1221
    Buy whatever you like the look of and sounds good to you
  • SonicScytheSonicScythe Frets: 59
    edited June 2017
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5321
    I like the Mexican Roadworn series, nothing to upgrade as the pickups sound ace :)