Dean Karl Sanders Black V

hopkinshopkins Frets: 0
I recently bought a cheap Epiphone V out of curiosity.  I really like it!  However, I learned two things: 1) it was hopelessly top-heavy, to the point of unplayability on a strap.  I had to drill a new strap hole which improved the situation immensely (but not entirely). 2) It might be the most comfortable riffing guitar I've every tried, perhaps due to the shorter scale length - my others are at least 25.5".

Since Gibson's range of Vs is a little unimaginative at the moment, I turned to Dean.  I like very much the design ethos of the Karl Sanders model, but I have two questions: a) How is the balance?  I often play Steinbergers which sit in the perfect position on a strap without any hands on the guitar.  b) How does it compare to a traditional V for playability?  Does the longer (25.5") scale length move the bridge relative to the right hand, or just force the left hand to stretch a bit further?

I realise that these questions relate to my shape/size/preferences and a little difficult to answer, but it's possible that someone might have a nugget of advice.  This guitar is barely available in he UK at the moment thanks to new Rosewood importing rules (and perhaps due to the niche appeal of a guitar stripped of such features as neck pickups and knobs of any kind!).  I'd rather not have to take a punt without having at least attempting to get some answers!

Thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom