SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

GONE FS/FT: OX4 Humbuckers

What's Hot
photekphotek Frets: 1507
edited April 2017 in Parts £
Long leg, double cream, Les Paul spacing, braided full length wire, normal wind with either new or aged covers (OX4 aged covers are actually more of a brushed nickel so only lightly aged).

After what I paid which is £150 delivered to the UK or trades.

Pics to follow but here they are in my LP with the aged covers:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/B5E22573-0968-4979-9779-5C7DFC5E5B1D_zpsum9rymwh.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1507
    edited April 2017
    Bump, now for sale or trade and moved to the parts section. These are also now out of the guitar so I will add some better pics tonight.
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    I have a pair of these, and they're bloody marvellous.  If I had a need for them, I'd be snapping your arm off.  :)

Indeed, they're the pups in my avatar...
  • KoaKoa Frets: 123
    Anything in particular you're looking for in trades?
  • algroves1algroves1 Frets: 17
    I'll have these. PM incoming. Cheers
  • KoaKoa Frets: 123
    Ah.... you snooze you lose. Would have been equally happy to trade cash!
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5822
    edited April 2017
    @photek May I ask what was it about these OX4's that you didn't like? I have them on a shortlist of pickups that I am researching.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    @Freebird ;Nothing wrong with them at all, they are fantastic vintage sounding pups. I just wanted something a little bit hotter in this particular Les Paul.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2017
    photek said:
    @Freebird ;;;;Nothing wrong with them at all, they are fantastic vintage sounding pups. I just wanted something a little bit hotter in this particular Les Paul.
    Are these the low wound 7.1k ones then? There is a video on their website using 7.8k winds with A4 magnets, which I presume are medium? Anyway they sound pretty good to me.

I'm looking for something to go in a non-chambered '89 LP which will be used more for lead tones, embellishments, and sound reinforcement during the louder bits. (Tele for main rhythm.)

I'm not really up on these Les Paul's, is there anything you could suggest that might work for me?

Cheers 
      =)

PS is that a Standard Faded you've got?
    @Freebird  These were the medium wind, so around the 8k mark.

I think any of the PAF types (Antiquities, Mules, Lollar Imperials etc...) will work well for what you describe, heavier guitars are brilliant with lower output brighter pickups as it opens them up imo. Also worth seeing what the likes of Oil City have to offer.

Happy hunting!

@Koa Apologies, I saw Al's PM over my email before checking on here. Thanks though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    A swell as the wisdom above , marc at mojo is doing some great pafalikes that would suit your needs well i think 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2017
    photek said:
    @Freebird  These were the medium wind, so around the 8k mark.

I think any of the PAF types (Antiquities, Mules, Lollar Imperials etc...) will work well for what you describe, heavier guitars are brilliant with lower output brighter pickups as it opens them up imo. Also worth seeing what the likes of Oil City have to offer.

Happy hunting!
    Thanks, I would have given these OX4's a go, I will have to be a bit quicker next time!  =)

@stuagu Cheers, I will check them out.