Sorry, just another boring extension cab impedance query...but better safe than sorry!!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1659
    ICBM said:
    sm55onl said:
    It's all the Federal Trade Commission's fault apparently
    http://www.n4lcd.com/RMS.pdf
    Nicely typical American dig at anything 'government' in that… "the FTC saw it as an opportunity to regulate (control)." Well, that's because the free market can't be trusted to be honest. (And still can't, judging by some of the modern amps which claim greater output power than their power draw.)

That does sound like the explanation, anyway.

clarkefan said:
    Sorry to hijack but I have to ask, @sm55onl, what's the story with the Tele in your avatar? Looks amazing, worn or what?! Very cool   

Talking of 'free markets' Did anyone see the programme on BBC 4 'Dial B for Britain'? About the growth of the telephone industry in UK. They built some horrendous structures to carry hundreds of phone lines. No H&S or planning regs so some fell down and people (not of course the rich bastds in the offices) died.

Yeah

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    sm55onl said:
    Clarkefan,
    It's a back shot of a '63 Fender Tele which i bought in the noughties from an ex-player/collector. It's original and very light in weight but with the worst paint/tippex 'job' around the side to make it look like a 'Custom' whilst on stage (carried out by an earlier previous owner)....and, yes, it's been played ;-))
    The original dowel marks should be visible if you look closely enough.
    Thank you, I've never seen a Tele (or anything else for that matter) worn so much, wonderful :)
  • sm55onlsm55onl Frets: 28
    Clarkefan....a front shot of said Tele in my avatar now, enjoy !
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Ahh wow, you sir are a lucky man, I hope it sounds as good as it looks :) That fretboard!  Holy crap! :)