What have you done to your guitar today?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    edited April 2017
    Reset the string height on the PRS this morning and gigged tonight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Used it as a murder weapon in the slaughtering of a couple of covers at a local jam...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28008
    Not today, but in the last few weeks I've replaced the pickups on my Jaden Rose Modern T Lite - went from Hot Rails/Little '59 to Red/Blue Lace Sensors - and went up a gauge from 9-46 Elixirs to 10-52 NYXLs.

The upshot is that the guitar sounds and feels better than it ever has. Happy days.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drippycatdrippycat Frets: 143
    Stuck red acrylic paint dots on the top of the fingerboard of my fretless bass in between the white markers in the belief that this would help me with my pitch accuracy. It's a confusing mess. I am sorry. I will try harder.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10067
    Changed the strings on my tele. Played my SG Jr for 30mins, to remind myself why I still have it- I rarely play it anymore. 
    Had fun, but since putting an Alligator 90 in the tele the SG is somewhat obsolete. 
    Hmmm...
    As you’re probably aware I’ve got an Alligator 90 in my Esquire-alike. At first I wasn’t convinced by it, but TBH it turned out to be a case of having to learn how to get the best from it. With the guitar’s volume between 0 and about 6 or 7 it’s pure Tele. Above that it turns into a bit of a snarling P90 rock monster. At first I wasn’t convinced I’d bought the right pickup for me and was ready to move it on, but now that I understand its Jekyll and Hyde character I’m realising just how good and versatile it actually is. Very pleased.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7401
    I worked out that with this battery-powered stripped-down micro rig I could do a lesson without having to take an amp and still get that Santana Black Magic Woman tone!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Just put an A3 Maida Vale strat neck pickup in my Tele.Its a nice warm but clear jazzy bluesy pickup  as A3 should be ,and it replaces a Van Zandt which is also a good pickup .The Maida vale is also in my Strat .They  about 22 quid ,made in the UK  ,and I consider them fine pickups at any price
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 375
    It’s been a busy day but I’ve played one for a bit and wondered if it’s possible to get humbuckers that sound a little more like P90s for another. Not HB sized P90s though.
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • RolandRoland Frets: 9082
    I’ve adjusted the saddle heights in preparation for this evening’s rehearsal. At this point I’m not sure why they moved. Probably because the string break angle is small.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 367
    I used it to get the kids out of bed in time for breakfast and school (they were tired from the change to summer time) by wandering round their rooms loudly playing Alabama by Neil Young and singing personalised insulting lyrics made up on the spot until they agreed to get up if I would shut up.

Later I used it to procrastinate over some work by messing around with an A9 / Fmaj7 transition for 10 minutes. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    I've mainly been playing bass today.
    Get out!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardTRichardT Frets: 71
    Today I have replaced the DIY laser-cut pickguard on my '94 Peavey Predator mule - loaded with a single Little '59, vol, tone and ser/par/split 3-way - with a pickguard off a double fat Strat with stock (I think) 59 and Pearly Gates together with an aftermarket Kent Armstrong rails in the middle and associated splitter micro switch. I have no idea what it sounds like yet as I've run out of usable strings until Amazon Prime comes thru tomorrow, but the screwdriver/pup test tells me I've soldered it up adequately......looks nice though.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8109

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12856
    I've mainly been playing bass today.
    Get out!
    Me too, through a yamaha thr5 believe it or not!

Yesterday I tackled the crackling on my telecaster bridge pickup which turned out to a ground wire had come loose, changed the jack at the same time while I was inside.  Saturday I fitted a new bone nut.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8828
    tFB Trader
    I prepped my new guitar for the electrics and hardware..

https://i.imgur.com/0TcOTmU.jpg
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Yesterday I swapped the stock bridge humbucker on my Epiphone Firebird for a DeArmond Gold Tone. So much extra chime!
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5222
    I took mine to meet a fine luthier who’s going to fill a couple of screw holes in the back.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • BowksBowks Frets: 445
    I took the scratchplate off my Strat, wired in a DiMarzio HS-2 in the bridge and rewired it to give me neck and bridge tone controls.
  • Calum13Calum13 Frets: 37
    Played it  ;)