SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Gibson 57 Classics (nickel cover)

shoryukenshoryuken Frets: 37
edited August 2017 in Parts £
Pair of Gibson 57 Classics taken from a Nashville 335.
Excellent condition. They sound great but I've gone with un-potted p'ups for their dynamics.

£55 each or £100 posted for the pair. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• shoryukenshoryuken Frets: 37
    Price drop to £100 for the pair
  • bump
  • markjmarkj Frets: 923
    Good price, I sold mine on ebay got nearly £130 for mine.
  • Thanks for the info, perhaps I'll give it a go ;)
    edited August 2017
    Took mine out of my Es335 too. What are you replacing them with? Ash at oil city pickups made me a fantastic set of Masterwound Pafs.
    edited August 2017
    Replaced them with a set of Gibson Custom Buckers - reason being that my brother has a Les Paul Historic which sounds incredible. The pickups in that thing behave like they have their own nervous system. Sadly the set I found on Reverb don't quite do it in the 335. The bridge is alright but the neck doesn't have that touch dynamic attack and gets a bit flabby under overdrive. Was considering something like Lollar Imperials but I'll take a look at Oil City. Thanks for the heads-up
    Have a chat with Ash, tell him what you want and he'll put you in the right direction. He made mine unpotted with an Alnico 2 magnet. They sound superb, far better than the bareknuckle I had in my les Paul.
    I see that you live in Wales. I live in the N'west. You would be more than welcome to come and try my es335 if your not that far from me.
    edited August 2017
    I'm in Powys. I think it's a bit of a trek but if I'm in the area any time soon I might just give you a shout Thanks
  • SOLD