Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4739

We've just got one, my lad got it with his Christmas/birthday money and I payed half.

I'm yet to have much of a go.  We only have 2 games, Just dance and Splatoon 2.  The latter my lad absolutely loves.
    Actually we also downloaded Gotcha racing 2nd, but I've not got into that yet.

Looking forward to Breath of the Wild, Mario Oddesy, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. 
    I'd also like a football game so waiting to see what legendary 11 is like before looking at Fifa.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4223
    - Skyrim is great if you haven't already played it on any of the other 14,000 formats it's been released and re-released on
    Tbh, it's great even if you have! I haven't touched another game in months; the game is nearly seven years old and I've owned it on three platforms and STILL never got around to finishing the campaign. I must be at 500+ hours total now across all three!!!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29056
    - Skyrim is great if you haven't already played it on any of the other 14,000 formats it's been released and re-released on
    Tbh, it's great even if you have! I haven't touched another game in months; the game is nearly seven years old and I've owned it on three platforms and STILL never got around to finishing the campaign. I must be at 500+ hours total now across all three!!!
    Come to think of it, I've only done one of the two primary quests.

The other one just seemed like dull bickering to me.

The play-through I enjoyed best was when I didn't start either main quest - result? No twatmonkey dragons. Awesome. So much better without dragons.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2494
    Already played through Skyrim on PC (although I may yet get it on sale sometime, as I haven't played any of the expansion packs other than dawnguard).

Bought Steamworld Dig 2 and am thoroughly enjoying it. I might get FIFA 18 just to have for multiplayer occasionally, it's £18 at the moment
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16919
    I am enjoying the tennis.... but probably won’t buy the game.

its the sort of thing I would play for a few days before getting bored, so having a free weekend of it is perfect for me
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2444
    WezV said:
    I am enjoying the tennis.... but probably won’t buy the game.

its the sort of thing I would play for a few days before getting bored, so having a free weekend of it is perfect for me
    That’s how I felt about Splatoon 2. Great  fun but it didn’t take long for the novelty to wear off. 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    - Overcooked is the best collaborative shout-at-each-other-for-carrots simulator I've ever played.
    @Stickyfiddle There can't possibly be a lot of those though, right?
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1178
    strtdv said:
    New game time, what should I get?

I've got BOTW, Mario, Mariokart, Axiom Verge, night in the woods, Celeste and golf story.

Looking for something completely different so was thinking Doom or Bayonetta?
    I liked night in the woods, I kind of wished it had more to the story. And maybe was a bit more interactive, it's the kind of game where it's a movie that you play. It's a cool game to spend a couple of easy hours. If it was designed to be point and click and more engaging, it would've been easily one of my favourites.

Love the bass playing parts.
    strtdv said:
    Already played through Skyrim on PC (although I may yet get it on sale sometime, as I haven't played any of the expansion packs other than dawnguard).

Bought Steamworld Dig 2 and am thoroughly enjoying it. I might get FIFA 18 just to have for multiplayer occasionally, it's £18 at the moment
    Fifa 18 didn’t get a great review but I got it while we were on holiday this week, great for playing handheld while the missus is watching shite island.

Difficult with the joy cons but okay with the full controller or handheld.  Definitely worth it for £18 even if you have it on another platform.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4382
    Playing through Yoku’s Island Express at the minute. Kind of 2D Metroid and pinball mashed together, it’s very good. Scored a ‘recommended’ on Eurogamer:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-29-yokus-island-express-review

Just got Labo as a Father’s Day gift.  I must say I am very impressed with it.  

I really enjoyed spending an hour or so making a cardboard fishing rod with fully moving parts.  Once it’s paired with the switch it feels like a high quality gaming accessory.. okay, it’s blocky, but very solid and responsive once hooked up to the controllers
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Also, somebody at IKEA needs to get a Labo and learn how clear instructions can be.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    WezV said:
    Also, somebody at IKEA needs to get a Labo and learn how clear instructions can be.

Yeah, but doubt Ikea furniture will ever be as strong as cardboard.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I've been playing Hollow Knight and Donkey Kong Country: tropical freeze for the past 6 weeks or so. 

Hollow Knight is excellent, really good enemies/bosses (although tough in places), atmospheric and immersive, I've sunk many hours into it and still have a fair bit to do.

DKC is almost great, the level design is really inventive, it's got a great vibe to the graphics, and looks great both docked and handheld. 
    However, the controls are unforgivably awful. It's a tough game in places, and feeling like you're wading through treacle adds a massive amount of frustration. If it weren't for funky mode in places I'd say avoid it as it's just not good enough, particularly disappointing coming from a Nintendo game.

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I'm tempted to buy Octotraveller.

Looks pretty good in all the videos I've seen.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2444
    DanR said:
    I'm tempted to buy Octotraveller.

Looks pretty good in all the videos I've seen.
    I bought it on release day. I wasn’t sure about it at first and thought I was going to pack it in early on. After giving it a chance I started to “get it”. I’m only a few hours in but really enjoying it so far. It has charm and originality and is a nice throw back to the RPGs we used to play on the SNES. Excellent score too.
    i am having another go at Xenoblade Chronicles.  I got so far before it handed me my ass and i got stuck for about 3 months...back into and progressing well again now

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27655
    I played through Inside t’other day.

Absolutely spellbindingly good until the end where it gets seriously weird. But wither way I loved it and can’t wait for whatever is next from the developer 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited August 2018
    Got Inside last week and really enjoyed it, loved Limbo too which you should play if you haven't already.

I'm sinking quite a few hours into Enter the Gungeon at the moment, though dying lots!

Looking for something big and polished (have been playing lots of 16 bit looking indie stuff) but not seeing anything on the horizon from Nintendo themselves at the moment. I tried the Captain Toad demo but didn't like it enough to buy the game, and Super Smash Bros isn't my sort of thing either.
    Actually tempted to give Doom a spin on the PC while I wait for something.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29056
    I played through Inside t’other day.

Absolutely spellbindingly good until the end where it gets seriously weird. But wither way I loved it and can’t wait for whatever is next from the developer 

Inside was magnificent. 

If you enjoyed it you would probably like Limbo and Little Nightmares. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."