Stolen gear, please keep eyes open

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    The back of a car on a warm/cold/humid/dry night is no place for a guitar anyway.

"Good evening Brighton ... our first number is called 'Speed Warp', after some dip decided to leave the guitars in the trunk overnight .. lucky we've still got them, but they sound pants 'cos we can't tune them properly anymore..."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3611
    fandango said:
    The back of a car on a warm/cold/humid/dry night is no place for a guitar anyway.

"Good evening Brighton ... our first number is called 'Speed Warp', after some dip decided to leave the guitars in the trunk overnight .. lucky we've still got them, but they sound pants 'cos we can't tune them properly anymore..."
    This.

If I go straight from work to a gig the guitars (3) always come into the office for the day, a sunny car even in our 'private' car park is no place for a sensitive instrument. When loading or unloadind at a venue someone always stays inside with the gear and someone outside with the vehicles unless they are locked. My guitars only go back in the car last as I'm leaving so aren't left a few minuets while I finish a lemonade. Get home and the guitars go straight back in the house. Heavy stuff in the boot I might deal with in the morning but portable valuables are just that remember.

Most of these scum are opportunists, it's your job to deny them that opportunity.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    ESBlonde said:
    fandango said:

This.

If I go straight from work to a gig the guitars (3) always come into the office for the day, a sunny car even in our 'private' car park is no place for a sensitive instrument. When loading or unloadind at a venue someone always stays inside with the gear and someone outside with the vehicles unless they are locked. My guitars only go back in the car last as I'm leaving so aren't left a few minuets while I finish a lemonade. Get home and the guitars go straight back in the house. Heavy stuff in the boot I might deal with in the morning but portable valuables are just that remember.

Most of these scum are opportunists, it's your job to deny them that opportunity.
    Image result for eggs

Image result for actor acting
    Image result for lee
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    :)

Pleased to see I haven't upset a lot of people here! I've thought about posting something similar on these threads before but bitten my tongue... thinking it might come across as a bit cold or dismissive when someone has just lost their gear.

I do hope the band get their gear back and the thieves get caught, by the way! It just saddens me that I'm sure it won't be more than a few months before we get another thread just like this.

Don't give the scum the opportunity...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    :)

Pleased to see I haven't upset a lot of people here! I've thought about posting something similar on these threads before but bitten my tongue... thinking it might come across as a bit cold or dismissive when someone has just lost their gear.

I do hope the band get their gear back and the thieves get caught, by the way! It just saddens me that I'm sure it won't be more than a few months before we get another thread just like this.

A bit of thread resurrection, but you weren't wrong. After reports that the Band Do Nothing had had a load of gear stolen recently, an eagle eyed chap spotted a bunch of it for sale in a Cash Converter store in Liverpool.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1375
    edited February 2020
    In a past life, I worked in the insurance department of a big car hire company.

You left something on display in your rental vehicle, thus giving someone a reason to break in, then you were not covered. I'm pretty sure most insurance companies take the same stance.

In fact not only were your contents not covered (even if you had taken out extra insurance) but you were also liable for the damage to the rental vehicle because you had incentivised the break in.

Edit: Just noticed that this is a thread from the dead!
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3427
    edited February 2020
    ICBM said:

A bit of thread resurrection, but you weren't wrong. After reports that the Band Do Nothing had had a load of gear stolen recently, an eagle eyed chap spotted a bunch of it for sale in a Cash Converter store in Liverpool.
    Wait - how does this work then?

Fella walks into a cash converters, wearing a black and white stripy suit and mask. He's carry a bag that says "SWAG" on the outside. He pulls out a custom shop strat, which he claims he'd like to sell so that he can take his granny out for dinner on her birthday.

Cash converters employee gives him a wink and says, "No worries, we'll give you a decent price for it".

Local plod turn a blind eye?

If I had my guitar stolen I think the local cash converters would be pretty high up on the list of places I'd go looking for it.