Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Rules for playing live

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Did someone mention Robin Trower's wah face, or Haim's bass face,  ...sure you did...   ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18300
    tFB Trader
    Did someone mention Robin Trower's wah face, or Haim's bass face,  ...sure you did...   ;)
    This proves the rule is wrong. Bass Face is the best thing about Haim. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74388
    edited February 2014
    This proves the rule is wrong. Bass Face is the best thing about Haim. 
    Possibly, since they don't have anything else memorable about them.

:)

I find Trower hard to listen to without mentally picturing his ridiculous gurning.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I agree with all of them actually. You look like a penis in shorts with a guitar, strats are boring and hum like fuckers.
  • Anyone remember those eye spy books of my youth? Well my idea is to get one published up using these points  and given out free in smash hits, it might encourage more kids to more gigs!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • I didn't roll on the floor laughing but as a light-hearted bit of content the article didn't offend me as much as some of you miseryguts.
    Excuse me, but I take great pride in being a misery guts in as many situations as possible. It's not easy, you know, and takes quite a bit of work to sap the life and humour out of every situation, so have some respect for us charmless old gits, we have our place* too, you know.

*Usually it's out in the shed on our own cos no one can stand to be with is for more than 30 seconds or so, but it's still a place, and it's still ours, thank you very much.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 702
    Disagree with 4 and 5, the rest? Bang on LoLs
  •   Disagree with pretty much all, except for the monitor and website ones- that does come off as kinda tacky.  Being a contrary bastard, I'd take great satisfaction knowing that I'm pissing all over the rules by playing a strat, in shorts, with my big ol beer belly out for all to see!  Hopefully that sight would scare the back row scowlers right out of the club!

The writer comes off as far more of a tool than anyone breaking these "rules" that I've ever seen.

• FezFez Frets: 572
    Ref Hardings theory of humour.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2371
    I thought it was quite amusing. Lighten up you bunch of miserables..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    Wow, some people must have some kind of humour disorder.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10357
    Including the author? I might write one called "The rules of writing a blog" in response, assuming my authority on the medium :)
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    I dunno, I find funny things funny, this didn't really raise a chuckle. It reads like an angry man ranting about stuff that doesn't matter while being wrong most of the time.
  • MikkiMcMurdererMikkiMcMurderer Frets: 352
    edited March 2014

While I can see he is trying to be funny and provocative, his point of view comes from the indie-nazi brigade who just want everyone to conform to being The Kooks covering Razorlight while sucking off Pete Doherty.

• bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 565
    MikkiMcMurderer;196525" said:
    While I can see he is trying to beo funny and provocative, his point of view comes from the indie-nazi brigade who just want everyone to conform to being The Kooks covering Razorlight while sucking off Pete Doherty.
    I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to cover Razorlight!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10357
    bobblehat said:
    MikkiMcMurderer;196525" said:
    While I can see he is trying to beo funny and provocative, his point of view comes from the indie-nazi brigade who just want everyone to conform to being The Kooks covering Razorlight while sucking off Pete Doherty.
    I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to cover Razorlight!

unless it's with a noxious gas or at the very least a thick plastic bag with no air holes
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life