Les paul Tribute T info...

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    underdog said:
    ellwood said:
    @underdog ;;

Do it. You know you want to...

Can I own 3 Les Paul's and several other guitars while never having the intention to play them outside of my basement? 

More importantly, would my wife fall for whatever excuse I give this time D
    Of course you can :)

I used to play professionally but gave it up 5 years ago. Now I hardly have time to play at all but I still keep  

I like buying, I think I like trying things out at home, rather than in a shop, which now means I'm selling 3 amps but I got there and found one in the end :D

My new thing is making guitar related stuff, my multi stand was a success and now my pedalboard is going to plan (not that there was a plan) just need pedals to go on it now. It keeps me from buying so often at least.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog said:
    underdog said:
    ellwood said:
    @underdog ;;

Can I own 3 Les Paul's and several other guitars while never having the intention to play them outside of my basement? 

I used to play professionally but gave it up 5 years ago. Now I hardly have time to play at all but I still keep  

I like buying, I think I like trying things out at home, rather than in a shop, which now means I'm selling 3 amps but I got there and found one in the end :D

My new thing is making guitar related stuff, my multi stand was a success and now my pedalboard is going to plan (not that there was a plan) just need pedals to go on it now. It keeps me from buying so often at least.

I much prefer trying stuff out in my own environment with the rest of my gear
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    underdog said:
    underdog said:
    ellwood said:
    @underdog ;;

I much prefer trying stuff out in my own environment with the rest of my gear

Exactly, I mean even 2 hours in a shop trying something isn't enough even if you took your guitar with you. That honeymoon period needs to pass then you know if you like something or not.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I bought a2016 60s tribute t in black, with p90s from amazon, last year. It was on quite a long delivery, giving me plenty of time to develop buyers remorse, and I was all set to return it, when it arrived. But it was so awesome I kept it!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• GAK have a 2017 Tribute T with P90's in stock, also a Tribute T in Sunburt. Both in stock but over £700.

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/gibson-usa-2017-limited-les-paul-tribute-p-90-satin-honey-burst

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/gibson-usa-2017-les-paul-tribute-t-satin-vintage-sunburst/905629

I would love the gold top Tribute T. I saw a HP version in GG B'ham - all that chrome looks terrible imho

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4292
    edited May 2017
    I'm really liking the look of the HP tribute T

Change all the chrome knobs. Pickup surrounds etc. Really like the easy access heal and adjustable nut

Not sure it's worth £300 more for those additions though 

Change all the chrome knobs. Pickup surrounds etc. Really like the easy access heal and adjustable nut

It would have been had it came with the HP hard case. I like the HP Les Paul's because of the case and the neck joint, the chrome stuff would have to go for me too. I quite like g force tuners too actually.
  • underdog said:

It would have been had it came with the HP hard case. I like the HP Les Paul's because of the case and the neck joint, the chrome stuff would have to go for me too. I quite like g force tuners too actually.

Yes I agree that the hp hard case would have made the difference instead of a shitty gig bag
    Mmmmmmmmmmm guitar cases 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2353
    Can't you get a decent Gator for about £50 for a Les Paul? All in all £650 is very very decent for a USA Les Paul with what seems to be decent pickups and a nice classic look...I'm very tempted to deposit one.
  • Can't you get a decent Gator for about £50 for a Les Paul? All in all £650 is very very decent for a USA Les Paul with what seems to be decent pickups and a nice classic look...I'm very tempted to deposit one.
    We're referring to the HP model at £899
  • I'm on the fence now as although the £599 model is incredible value for money i really do fancy another les Paul classic but in a Goldtop

Trouble is that's £1299 as opposed to the tribute goldtop at only £599
    I'm on the fence now as although the £599 model is incredible value for money i really do fancy another les Paul classic but in a Goldtop

Then you think LP classic HP and it adds another few hundred (if you're anything like me anyway)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog said:
    I'm on the fence now as although the £599 model is incredible value for money i really do fancy another les Paul classic but in a Goldtop

Then you think LP classic HP and it adds another few hundred (if you're anything like me anyway)

Haha yes you're right there

i wonder how much it would cost to clear  coat that satin body and headstock. Leave the back of the neck as satin 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2353

Exactly. More than double. I don't think it's worth it.....the Tributes were meant to be £799?! Ish....normal shop price. £599 seems insane.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1116
    I've just bought the honeyburst at £599... if I can get a Gold Top at the same price I'd snap one up!
  • ellwood said:
    I've just bought the honeyburst at £599... if I can get a Gold Top at the same price I'd snap one up!
    Was it the one on amazon from Reidy's? 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7215
    ellwood said:
    Why can't I find this one on amazon? Link please?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1116
    tony99 said:
    ellwood said:
    Why can't I find this one on amazon? Link please?
    Errrm...think I bought the last one (ducks). Sorry! The OP made me do it!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Gold top incoming 

I've sold my soul and bought via GG which I hope I don't regret 

However they had one in stock at £799 and they have a deal on certain Gibsons and this we included and dropped to £649 yesterday 

Considering this is probably the only one in Europe at the moment and I've done my research this week, it was worth the £49 extra 

Everyone still quoting July for next shipment and even that's not guaranteed 

Arrving tomorrow:)