SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: Mesa Lonestar Special 1x12 Cocoa Bronco

What's Hot
CatthanCatthan Frets: 371
edited February 2014 in Amps £
Totally brilliant amp but GAS for a MB E+ 5:50 is torturing me ,,

And since no one talked me out of it in my other thread, here it goes..

The LSS has lovely cleans, wonderful Texas SRV drive and a lush lead tone - fat, smooth and creamy.
Loads of gain and generally shines at gigging volumes (it is LOUD) and offers this el84 pushed jangle depending on how it's dialed in.
Great tube reverb, bypass-able effects loop, 5 & 15 W tube rectified assignable power settings per channel and 30W SS rectified option per channel and Solo master boost.
All Class A (or "hot" AB??) iirc with the 5W being single ended.
Despite of what people moan about on the web, this amp can do crunch with authority, you just need to let it breath.

10/10 functionality: recently serviced, full power amp re-valve (4x Mesa el84s) and PAT tested.
Cosmetically you can tell the amp has been gigged. (no dents or marks on the tolex tho apart from a short marker line that the previous owner's kid apparently did. will show in the pics)

Regarding service history, it had a screen resistor changed after one burned from a power tube failure and I put grips in the speaker cable so I can easily try different speakers without soldering.

Asking £1100 shipped insured or £1050 collected from Newcastle (preferred as it's a big amp).
No complains or any particular reason for selling other than my GAS,,

Comes with foot-switch and cover.

Pics to follow shortly.

Thanks for looking,
T
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments