SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Peavey HP Special (USA) guitar with Mono Vertigo gig bag

What's Hot
imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3859
edited November 2017 in Guitars £
£650 cash but trades are ideal.  I have a Les Paul, Strat and an Ibanez George Benson, so have a few bases covered.  Really, I want something primarily for rock - PRS, etc. and would like to avoid Floyd Rose tremolos  I'm based near Carlisle, Cumbria.

I will gladly add cash for the right guitar.  I've also got a nice Schecter PT in Vintage Red which I can add to any trade.

The pickups are very high output and sound great clean or driven.  It has a lovely resonance, even unplugged, and is in great shape.  There are a few minor cosmetic marks but the neck is 100% clean and unblemished.  @andy1839 will testify that it really is a beautiful instrument.  Lovely flame maple top.  The neck feels gorgeous (it has been cleaned thoroughly and feels beautiful smooth and fast - and actually looks nicer since I photographed it), wood-wise, but it's just not the guitar for me.  
It has the Lok-Block which means you can have the tremolo set as 'dive only', which makes changing strings a painless experience.

A few minor marks on the finish but nothing major.  There's one mark on the back of the neck which you can see if you go into the close-up neck shot.  It's around the 9th fret and curves up and to the right.  It's not noticeable while playing.

Suggested retail price was $1,999.99 in 2008 (the spec didn't change).  It shipped from the factory in Meridian, MS, USA on 12/01/2006.

Original Peavey blurb:

"HP Special USA Transparent Colors (flat top) ……………………….…..$1,749.99

25-1/2” scale; Oil-finished, highly figured asymmetrical birdseye maple neck with graphite reinforcement; Three-on-the-side headstock; 22 frets; 3-way pick-up selector; Offset basswood body with sculpted neck joint; Bound figured maple flat top; Two custom wound “HP Signature” humbucking pick-ups with coil taps; Fully-floating Floyd Rose –style locking tremolo; Master volume and tone controls; Enclosed die-cast Schaller machine heads; Case included; Made in Peavey USA Custom Shop (rosewood  & ebony fretboard options available through Peavey USA Custom Shop).  Colors available are:  Transparent Amber, Transparent Moonburst, Transparent Margarita, Tobacco Burst, Cherryburst."

Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2212
    @imalrightjack yep, it's a fantastic guitar. It's a considerable step up when compared to my EVH Wolfgang Special. 
    That neck feels gorgeous.

Top chap to deal with folks!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3859
    Hi, @Gulliver - I suppose it's appropriate to ask how far you get on your travels :) I have Les Paul Standard but this is pretty cool. Drop me a message. 

My band, Red For Dissent
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2036
    edited May 2017
    Ahh...I was so confused!! Two people in Carlisle with a USA Peavey HP Special was far too much of a coincidence.

Was starting to feel left out of the club there - Have a bump.
    @Schnozz Want next go with it? Carlisle Peavey Sharers Club. 

My band, Red For Dissent
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Extremely tempting, especially as I thumped about on a USA Peavey Cirrus for a couple of years (cracking Instrument for the money), but I'm going Acoustic for now.
    edited May 2017
    Schnozz said:
    Extremely tempting, especially as I thumped about on a USA Peavey Cirrus for a couple of years (cracking Instrument for the money), but I'm going Acoustic for now.
    I'm actually now re-evaluating the sale/trade, @Schnozz. I lowered the action and now like it a lot more.  I'd swap for a very similar hard-tail if possible but it sounds and feels every bit a £1,000 plus guitar.

Are you a regular on the local music?  If so, I'd be surprised if we've not crossed paths (hopefully not words)!

My band, Red For Dissent
    Schnozz said:
    I'm actually now re-evaluating the sale/trade, @Schnozz. I lowered the action and now like it a lot more.  I'd swap for a very similar hard-tail if possible but it sounds and feels every bit a £1,000 plus guitar.

Are you a regular on the local music?  If so, I'd be surprised if we've not crossed paths (hopefully not words)!

I used to say that, but I can't live without a Floyd Rose anymore  ;)

Ah no - I haven't played for several years and left Carlisle for a bit before that, but I carried on collecting Yamaha SGs and Superstrats, although I only have one left now. I need to get to more live gigs - Last one I saw was Big Country at Silloth Beer Festival!!

How do you find the Neck Profile on the HP out of interest?
    Schnozz said:
    Schnozz said:

I used to say that, but I can't live without a Floyd Rose anymore  ;)

Ah no - I haven't played for several years and left Carlisle for a bit before that, but I carried on collecting Yamaha SGs and Superstrats, although I only have one left now. I need to get to more live gigs - Last one I saw was Big Country at Silloth Beer Festival!!

How do you find the Neck Profile on the HP out of interest?
    Ah, ok.  Thought you might be a 'name' on the scene :)

The profile feels terrific to me.  Not too thin, not chunky.  The unfinished maple on the neck is the icing on the cake - really wonderful.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • JohnnyJohnny Frets: 17
    Great guitar this! I'm also a member of the Carlisle Peavey sharers club lol. Seriously, if I wasn't so happy with my MM Luke 3, I'd buy it back in a heartbeat. Have a bump :)
    @Johnny I really think it's now a keeper. It sounds and feels great. I said to Dave we need to start a Carlisle trading circle. 

My band, Red For Dissent
    So...I've given it another week and, much as there's a lot to love in this guitar, it isn't usurping the others in my collection so would be better served going towards something else or resting safely in my bank account.

My band, Red For Dissent
    Still on the fence so not pushing it bump...

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Still got this?
  • Sorry, @csanderson21 Long gone

My band, Red For Dissent