Admin / Mod Interventions

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33933
    EH?
    EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH???????!?!?!?!?!!!????
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    VimFuego said:

you expect to find sane people on an internet forum... seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

Yes.

And Rainbow Unicorns.

UNICORNS!!!

:grin:

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 470
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Tits
    Care to expand on that ;)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    Damn, I thought they'd rehoused the actual thread into Off Topic :(
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7966
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Drew necro-bumped that thread.  Make of that what you will.
    If that is in response to my previous comment, I suggest you reread it....
    It was, I did and I'm not quite sure what point you're making.
    I already explained to you that I bumped it because someone else mentioned it at the tail end of the other chav thread. I thought it would be amusing, and I was correct.
    I missed all the posts that caused the deletion of the thread. I wasn't reading it by that point anyway. 

But I remembered there'd been a similar thread a long time ago. I searched 'chav' in the search box and on page 1 of the results was the old thread. The fact it was posted by Emp was pretty funny in context, so I stuck it up in Drew's thread.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    MrSwanson said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Tits
    Care to expand on that ;)
    Big, bouncy tits.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5106
    octatonic said:
    And the getting rid of the 'Chav' thread worked well - simply being replaced by Emp's bete noir dredging up a previous one, enabling the same kind on 'banter' (or is that 'banable behaviour'?) to continue.....
    We voted OUT of the EU.
    Stop speaking French.

Or if you do then at least get it proper, like.
    "Bête noire".
    What's Black Betty got to do with it? 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    octatonic said:
    And the getting rid of the 'Chav' thread worked well - simply being replaced by Emp's bete noir dredging up a previous one, enabling the same kind on 'banter' (or is that 'banable behaviour'?) to continue.....
    We voted OUT of the EU.
    Stop speaking French.

"Bête noire".

The Ram Jam Banned?
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    jellyroll said:
    octatonic said:
    We voted OUT of the EU.
    Stop speaking French.

"Bête noire".

The Ram Jam Banned?
    Ban-ba-lam
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    octatonic said:
    We voted OUT of the EU.
    Stop speaking French.

"Bête noire".
    Ooooh - get you, with your fancy-pants circumflex  ;)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27679
    Nitefly said:
    octatonic said:
    We voted OUT of the EU.
    Stop speaking French.

"Bête noire".
    You can get cream for that these days, you know. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27904
    dindude said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    dindude said:
    There's def been a few disappearing posts without the usual "removed because A was being a prat" comment in there place.
    I'd be very surprised if that were actually true.  We almost never delete posts, and never do so because someone's being a prat without telling the poster why and without detailing it in the interventions thread.  The only posts that are deleted without any comment, to my knowledge anyway, are classified ads from lazy noobs who don't read the rules and just post an ebay link etc.
    The one I had in mind was in the Bad Gags thread. Someone posted a truly horrible joke, not offensive, but the sort of joke that makes you question someone's inner being. I reposted with a simple comment along the lines of "really?" (Can't remember exact), but both are gone. I guess the original poster can delete their comment, but not a repost of it?

Maybe I'm dreaming it up!
    I deleted that.

IIRC, it was early morning, and I was doing a quick scan of threads on my iPad, and saw it.

Editing posts on an iPad is now a real pita,  so I just deleted the original, and your repetition of it (by quoting it), as the quickest way of removing it from view.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8572
    TTony said:
    dindude said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    dindude said:
    There's def been a few disappearing posts without the usual "removed because A was being a prat" comment in there place.
    I'd be very surprised if that were actually true.  We almost never delete posts, and never do so because someone's being a prat without telling the poster why and without detailing it in the interventions thread.  The only posts that are deleted without any comment, to my knowledge anyway, are classified ads from lazy noobs who don't read the rules and just post an ebay link etc.
    The one I had in mind was in the Bad Gags thread. Someone posted a truly horrible joke, not offensive, but the sort of joke that makes you question someone's inner being. I reposted with a simple comment along the lines of "really?" (Can't remember exact), but both are gone. I guess the original poster can delete their comment, but not a repost of it?

Maybe I'm dreaming it up!
    I deleted that.

IIRC, it was early morning, and I was doing a quick scan of threads on my iPad, and saw it.

Editing posts on an iPad is now a real pita,  so I just deleted the original, and your repetition of it (by quoting it), as the quickest way of removing it from view.

Cool. I'm with you 100% on the deletion btw, was just surprised not see the usual comment. At least I know I'm not going mad!
    Nitefly said:
    octatonic said:
    We voted OUT of the EU.
    Stop speaking French.

"Bête noire".
    Mods!!!!

Anti-Semitic comment!!!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited May 2017
    I was going to get into it... the whole 'we don't delete posts' thing. But y'know what... it's a waste of time.
    @Drew_TNBD ;
    Wait?
    Lee replies to you????

wtf man?  :/
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24835
    Not been one for a long time.

Right then.

Hold my beer....

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    @Drew_TNBD ;
    Wait?
    Lee replies to you????

Aye, we're mates. Well I think so. He might consider me a surrogate son. Or just some wanker that he has to unofficially babysit so I don't ruin his pride and joy. I don't know.

What I do know is that the moderation does not seem to be consistent at all, and rules and context are often invented after the fact.

I don't really care anymore. I consider myself on borrowed time. Already been told that I'm on my last warning, which makes no sense whatsoever to me. And clearly my non-retard contributions here are not valued anyway, so I care very little about my future here. It's basically a shitposting arena for me, and I'll continue in that vein until someone loses their shit and banhammers me. I just don't care.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15839
    Not been one for a long time.

Right then.

Hold my beer....
    how much will that action cost us?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

Drew_TNBD said:
    @Drew_TNBD ;
    Wait?
    Lee replies to you????

Aye, we're mates. Well I think so. He might consider me a surrogate son. Or just some wanker that he has to unofficially babysit so I don't ruin his pride and joy. I don't know.

What I do know is that the moderation does not seem to be consistent at all, and rules and context are often invented after the fact.

I don't really care anymore. I consider myself on borrowed time. Already been told that I'm on my last warning, which makes no sense whatsoever to me. And clearly my non-retard contributions here are not valued anyway, so I care very little about my future here. It's basically a shitposting arena for me, and I'll continue in that vein until someone loses their shit and banhammers me. I just don't care.
    Maybe it's all just a test to see if you remain true to yourself in the face of an outright ban?

I reckon if you continue to outrage and act up ( ;)) you will break through to the next level of awareness and start vibrating on a higher plane of existence. 

Read about it in The Celestine Prophesy.

Also I know Lee too, I buy all his old gear in the hope he will like me.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom