SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Tokai (Epiphone?) Humbuckers

pottolompottolom Frets: 115
edited May 2017 in Parts £
Two humbuckers, recently removed from a Tokai UES 68 (335 copy). The guitar was days old at the time, so these are in as-new condition.

I desoldered at the pots, so there's the full length of wire left on the pickups.

I replaced them with some Tonerider Alnico IV. I have to admit, there wasn't a huge difference in sound and I wondered if I'd wasted my money on the new pickups. These Tokai pickups are nice - I wouldn't describe them as muddy or overly bright.

Not sure if the covers are chrome or nickel. When I put them next to some nickel-covered pickups I have on another guitar, the colour looks the same to me.

As you'll see in the photos, these are "BHC" branded pickups. Reading online, this is the same brand used in some Epiphone guitars these days. No idea if they're identical to those found in the Epiphone Dot, for instance (perhaps Tokai have them made to their own specs?).

£25 plus postage.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments