SORTED....Line 6 M5

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• crunchman said:

Full disclosure: the M5 doesn't like being on a daisy chain- needs its own PSU or a 500mA isolated feed from whatever PSU you use.
    It doesn't actually use 500mA.  I can't remember off the top of my head what it does use, but I'm certain it's less than 400mA.  I used it on the 400mA outputs of a Hot Stone Deluxe.  If you google it there are people on forums who are getting away with less than that.

sgosden said:
    Takes up a lot of space does the M5.

It does have a tuner in it, so you can take the tuner off the board.  Used like that it's not a bad use of space.
    It's reaaaaally iffy about power on start up. After it's booted you can get away with something like the Decibel 11 that's rated at 400ma because there's plenty of leeway in them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11513
    I've just googled it and people people on various forums seem to be running the M5 successfully off of 300mA supplies.  It probably takes more than that at start up, but most supplies are rated conservatively enough that it's ok for a few seconds at startup.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    crunchman said:
    I've just googled it and people people on various forums seem to be running the M5 successfully off of 300mA supplies.  It probably takes more than that at start up, but most supplies are rated conservatively enough that it's ok for a few seconds at startup.

400mA off a voodoolabs 4x4 did it with no issues at all.
  • CastroCastro Frets: 520
    I'll be running it from a 400ma feed on a Power Pedal Mondo
  • colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 403
    Hey @Castro, how you getting on with the M5? Got a mate who's flogging one, might make him an offer...
  • Seen you're selling your M5 now. I'm assuming the H9 is replacing it. Care to elaborate? Vast difference in value of the two units.
    I've made a major change. Out go Strymon Flint, Mobius and Timeline plus M5 to be replaced by 2 x H9 Max. Just more compact and able to store lots of presents. A bit smaller than the M5 too.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7700
    Castro said:
    I've made a major change. Out go Strymon Flint, Mobius and Timeline plus M5 to be replaced by 2 x H9 Max. Just more compact and able to store lots of presents. A bit smaller than the M5 too.
    I had 2 H9s - they are so utterly brilliant, and the iPad interface is genius.

How you switching them? 
    Red ones are better. 
    I'll be keeping it simple and storing presents in the order of my live set. If I can get away without any midi pedals then I will.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I've been running my M5 off a Cioks DC5 for years. With no issues 
    Castro said:
    I'll be keeping it simple and storing presents in the order of my live set. If I can get away without any midi pedals then I will.
    Cool.

The ridiculously cheap Digitech 3-way footswitch works perfectly with them if you find you need a bit more in the way of up/down/on/off/hotswitch action 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    Castro said:
    Cool.

The ridiculously cheap Digitech 3-way footswitch works perfectly with them if you find you need a bit more in the way of up/down/on/off/hotswitch action 
    Is that the FS3X? If so, how does it connect?
    @TimmyO thanks for the tip I'm going to take a look.
    yep FS3X - it's a TRS

I used to hook one up on a longish TRS and just flop it down in front of my board rather than give up loads of board space
    Red ones are better. 
    So the TRS plugs into the expression port at the back of the H9?
    yep - it'll either take an actual expression pedal or a 3 button momentary. If the latter then in the app you can map those 3 buttons to any of most of the pedals functions (have a rummage in the app to see) - either in place of or as well as the buttons on the pedal itself.
    Red ones are better. 
    Thanks Timmy 
    TimmyO 

Need to pick your brains.

If I buy one of the FS3Xs, will it allow me to control both H9s?

Does that mean I would need 4 TRS cables?

Cheers

Steve
    Thanks for that although I already use an expression pedal with the M5. But good to know the option is there.