Wah pedals

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3347
    I've just found *the* perfect sounding wah, super sweet clean, but brilliantly cutting and vocal for lead.

The Ibanez WH10.  

Isn't that what John Frusciante used?

I'll give the 535 a go ICBM - Ta

BYOC - Sorry Mike, but I can just about change a plug let alone attempt a project like this, plus, I need to hear it to know it's right as I've know idea as to what gubbins will determine the sound.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I really like my Budda wah. Never really feel the need to have all the switching and Q options and what not, but I do wish it had a really good buffer on the front end; would solve cable woes that I've been experiencing!

The CAE one looks the business.. but just not sure I need all that extra gubbins.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2952
    I'd go for a cheapo Morley wah from eBay. I've had a Power Wah and the Volume/Wah and both sounded great.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3021
    I'm saying Gig FX Mega Wah, mistakenly sold mine to @Travisthedog, had to buy it back
  • Kebabkid said:
    I've just found *the* perfect sounding wah, super sweet clean, but brilliantly cutting and vocal for lead.

The Ibanez WH10.  

Isn't that what John Frusciante used?

I'll give the 535 a go ICBM - Ta

BYOC - Sorry Mike, but I can just about change a plug let alone attempt a project like this, plus, I need to hear it to know it's right as I've know idea as to what gubbins will determine the sound.
    It is the one he uses.  I feel like that's the sound for me, but they're plastic and general consensus says the reissue doesn't sound as good.  

Perhaps I'll look into the Wilson Ten Spot II, which is supposed to be a clone of the original but in a proper case.  It's not switchless though :(
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I'm surprised nobody likes the Boss one. I quite like it- the main reason I don't use it is because it's so fecking big and heavy.

My preferred wah is the JEN, but I would avoid Morleys at all costs! To me they just sound terrible and the way they work is awful.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7352
    ...this is why we don't like the BOSS Wah!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Wrong wah, I meant the FW-3, which is a Boss Original.  

Demos of it are poor quality, but it seems to have a nice sound.  

But I want a WH10.  Maybe a WD will get close enough :)
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    ah yes- it's the FW-3 I meant