Printer advice

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Very helpful stuff here. Many thanks!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11422
    Inkjet printers are effectively loss-leaders for ink sales.
  • http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/99819/mad-value-i-got-an-all-in-one-photo-printer-for-30#latest

I love this. I pay £2 a month for 50 pages - great value if a lot of them (or even just a few of them) are photos, and bad value if I only print 50 pages of black text per month. 

Basically, I print pages of text and stuff, but supplement it with one or two photos per week. This means I get the best value, and enjoy photos! 

There are other plans available but I must admit, this is good value. £24 per year for 50 pages a month isn't so bad. Especially if you print photos. 
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Ended up with a Brother DCP 1610W. Mono laserjet that does everything except colour. Who needs colour anyway? 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    notanon said:
    Anybody tried/ done the maths on the HP ink renewal at £3/month seems good to me. Their maths seem correct to me, we try not to print much. What is laser like in a print one in a month situation?

We use this in our tattoo shop, just checked our billing in the last year and it averages at about £14 a month, obviously we print a lot each day. When we were buying cartridges we were spending about £60 a month. Also the new ink is always delivered in plenty of time before they are needed.