Chainsaws - advice please

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6268
    @rsvmark
    and there is one in stock at my local B&Q....>>!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    rsvmark said:
    Axes: http://www.fiskars.co.uk/new-axes

X25 here. Some sort of funky ceramic metal head. Very light weight. Integral wedge in axe head to split rounds. 

Beware- these are devastatingly sharp. Mine went through my safety boot and into my foot. Just a glancing blow but still sliced through the boot and drew (a lot) of blood. 
    When it comes to any sharp garden tools I now find that Fiskars is the correct answer, I love their loppers, shears, secateurs etc.
    I went to Florida for my sister's wedding a few years back and saw one of hose Fiskars axes going really cheap in a shop - I sooo wanted to buy it but wasn't sure I'd get it back in my suitcase!

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6268
    BigMonka said:
    rsvmark said:
    Axes: http://www.fiskars.co.uk/new-axes

X25 here. Some sort of funky ceramic metal head. Very light weight. Integral wedge in axe head to split rounds. 

Beware- these are devastatingly sharp. Mine went through my safety boot and into my foot. Just a glancing blow but still sliced through the boot and drew (a lot) of blood. 
    When it comes to any sharp garden tools I now find that Fiskars is the correct answer, I love their loppers, shears, secateurs etc.
    I went to Florida for my sister's wedding a few years back and saw one of hose Fiskars axes going really cheap in a shop - I sooo wanted to buy it but wasn't sure I'd get it back in my suitcase!

about 7 years ago, someone I knew got a gun back in from the USA in their hold luggage. WTF?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    edited May 2017
    /\ yeah - I knew a guy who imported a Winniebago direct from USA and had a Luger pistol secreted in one of the headlamp shells...

15 years later he blew his brains out with it... was friend of my Step Father so bit f a shock...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

when it arrived they had simply wrapped the handle in transparent plastic, and the axe head in cardboard.....so the package looked distinctly axe shaped. I would have thought there would have been rules and regulations for that kind of thing!
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3605
    I bought an electric one to do one job of reducing the rear hedge to managable proportions. About 7 x 10" Dia trunks cut down and made into logs. I had to replace the chain (no sharpener bought)! and as I was finishing the job the saw gasped its last smokey breath (last couple of cuts done with a circular saw and hand saw). So it cost me £80 to do the job and was cheaper than someone else would charge but quite labour intensive for a few weekends. A petrol unit would have been faster, more dangerous and I'd have felt less comfortable climbing a tree with it. It would have cost more but I would have been able to recoupe cost by selling it on afterwards. That's my experience for what it's worth.