SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - Dumble Style OD

What's Hot
chunkmonkchunkmonk Frets: 49
edited July 2017 in FX £
Interested in getting hold of Dumble style OD pedal such as a Zendrive or similar....

Let me know what you've got going......
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16296
    There are a couple of Mad Professor Simbal pedals on here at the moment -I don't think there is any better for that sound 
    -great vid on youtube of a Swedish guy playing one alongside his real Dumble -pretty identical
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6252
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    And what I need is that big FAT commission you promised me  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited May 2017
    You really don't get much closer than this...

Simble Overdrive vs. real Dumble: Part 2 shootout by Marko Karhu

Duration 3:04

It is a truly great pedal, I have one myself.

Now just go and PM @equalsql (if you haven't already) and take advantage of his moment of temporary insanity (and great price IMO) and say "yes please"  

That is the vid I was talking about
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 185

also helpful
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    J Rockett's The dude is well worth a look. You can dial in the amount of low kids, very useful for playing through different amps. Plenty of gain but superb at lower gain levels.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9717
    The Simble is the one you want mate
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
    ...or maybe a Jetter GS124

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    I have a Mojo Hand DMBL available. I've tried the Zendrive, Zenkudo and against my Hedgehog amp, this for me was the closest.
  • PlukkyPlukky Frets: 282
    chunkmonk said:
    Interested in getting hold of Dumble style OD pedal such as a Zendrive or similar....

Let me know what you've got going......
    Quinnamp Hot Buttered Scotch.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=QuinnPeds+Hot+Buttered+Scotch.&meta=&gws_rd=ssl#q=Quinnamp+Hot+Buttered+Scotch.&hl=en&tbm=vid
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6834
    I have a DopeFx Black Lotus. £45 delivered?
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6423
    ZenDrive / Zenkudo - these will absolutely do the Robben Ford/Larry Carlton sort of tone - not sure what you're after (if anything else).

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1650
    Give an Xotic ac booster a chance 
    Buy a Dumble Amp -they come pretty close
  • pmd
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2432
    edited May 2017
    You really don't get much closer than this...

Simble Overdrive vs. real Dumble: Part 2 shootout by Marko Karhu

Duration 3:04

It is a truly great pedal, I have one myself.

Now just go and PM @equalsql (if you haven't already) and take advantage of his moment of temporary insanity (and great price IMO) and say "yes please"  
    As someone who spent ten years or more gigging with firstly a Hermida Zendrive and then an Ethos OD I find that particular comparison video really interesting and more relevant than most You Tube Dum8le pedal shoot-outs. I can certainly hear the difference between amp and pedal and it reconfirms to me that the Dumble ODS has a very identifiable and unique sound quality that is not 100% recreated in any other amp or pedal (despite what some might have you believe).

With that in mind I'm still  impressed with how close the Simble gets even if it does not sound identical. I believe it's close enough to satisfy most guitarists wanting that particular sound at a fraction of the Dumble ODS cost. But the other pedals mentioned above and in the Mick & Dan vid should also do that so it comes down to personal preference. I settled on the Ethos simply because it was a more flexible unit sound-wise with no discernible background noise, not because it sounded any more Dumble-esque than the Zendrive -  or the Simble for that matter.

If you are not sure, ask the audience
  • satchboogiesatchboogie Frets: 8
    edited June 2017
    I've got an immaculate red dot Lovepedal Zendrive that you might be able to persuade me to part with.  Home use only, no velcro. The red version has slightly higher gain than the traditional black and white one. I have a handwired eternity burst being built by Sean at Lovepedal so I am going to ha veto start being ruthless about what's staying on the board so to speak. 
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 444
    I've got a Jetter GS124 which sounds simply splendid especially if you want that saturated Dumble type tone
  • Ive got a tanabe zenkudo pedal- as used by Larry Carlton when he doesnt have his dumble.