SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED : Thorpy Veteran (Don't ask...)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    Any other alternatives? Other than the Sun Lion which is also extremely hard to get hold of?
    Sun lion is only a few weeks build time but you will have to pay US shipping and tax etc which will push the price up of course :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lebarque said:
    Maybe snap up an Analogman NKT275 Sun Lion instead. They're cheaper and readily available. Eh? Oh...

All that mucking about with batteries doesn't suit me, I keep forgetting to disconnect the bloody things. I had a Cornell First Fuzz which sounded great (surprised it doesn't get more attention) but ended up selling it for that reason. I imagine that might sound daft to some people, but that's me..
  • StrummyBrummieStrummyBrummie Frets: 268
    edited May 2017
    Joe of Joe's Pedals was recommending a BAE Hot Fuzz the other day. It's not  germanium, but he's says the sound quality is excellent. I am tempted, but I'm really after a germanium for volume clean up. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    I didn't realise the sunlion is batteries only 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3966
    Generalisation alert: All fuzzfaces sound better with batteries. Power supplies are a tone compromise. 

I was joking about the Sunlion NKT275. Those transistors are rare these days, hence expensive and rarer.
  • StrummyBrummieStrummyBrummie Frets: 268
    edited May 2017
    Lebarque said:
    Generalisation alert: All fuzzfaces sound better with batteries. Power supplies are a tone compromise. 

I was joking about the Sunlion NKT275. Those transistors are rare these days, hence expensive and rarer.

That's what they say. I had a VL Effects Jimi Face for a while and that sounded miles better with batteries, batteries that I repeatedly failed to disconnect.... That is only a small part of why I want a Veteran though. Everything he builds sounds amazing and it has a treble booster on top. 
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Fulltone 69 solves all these problems. 
  • BBBlues said:
    Fulltone 69 solves all these problems. 

I've fancied one of the big box Mk 1s for a while but never picked one up. 
  • The search continues...