SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD

saxosimsaxosim Frets: 69
edited February 2014 in Guitars £
Hi All,

A reluctant sale but needs must as I have been spending far too much on guitar stuff recently and need to sell some kit.

Sheptone Brian Kahanek (BK) PAF humbucker pickups. These are a custom wind to the standard set and are absolutely amazing. They have a lovely aged finish, the wires are uncut and the build sheet is included and in the photos for all specs.

I bought them late last year from a seller in the USA off another forum who had them from new and installed in his Les Paul.

I have attached sound clips of them in action that he recorded and sent to me when I bought them from him and I have also taken some photos as can be seen below.

It was a decision between selling these or my Shed PAF daddies but as I only got those a few weeks back I am selling these as I can't afford to have sets of high end pickups sat around in a draw as I have no spare guitar to mount these in currently.

SOLD

Payment via PayPal please, price includes recorded delivery so a signature will be required

Photos:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• matonematone Frets: 216
    Are they much different to the Sheds then ?
  • saxosimsaxosim Frets: 69
    edited February 2014
    To be honest to me they are both excellent pickups in their own right but one set had to go as I didn't have another guitar to put them in and need to re-coup some cash as I have spent too much in recent months on guitars. Tone is obviously subjective as well but anyone who buys them should love the sound.

If it helps with your decision sheptones always get excellent reviews and are rarely available second hand especially over here in the UK plus to buy new there is currently a 6 week wait.
  • Lots of views but no firm interest :(

Bump for slight price drop to £145 posted thanks :)
  • Are they Sheptone's own covers and did they come aged like that or is that after-market ageing? 

260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    edited February 2014
    Hiya @fretfinder yes I asked the original owner that when I bought them from him and he said yes that was part of his custom order from sheptone - the covers aged and also backing plates and bobbins have all had the aging process. The patent stickers were also part of his order as he wanted the pickups to look right in his historic Les Paul. The solder joints on the covers all look original and have also been aged to match.

Hope this helps thanks :)
    edited February 2014
    Sold and payment gratefully received thanks :)