SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS MJW Roadstar 36 TT head and 1x12 cab -Sold

What's Hot
menamestommenamestom Frets: 4774
edited March 2014 in Amps £

I've had this amp about 3 years, but during that time I've lost the will to play in bands and am playing mostly acoustic now.  It's wasted on me so hopefully it can find a new home where it can be used more.  Although it's a stage amp it does sound good at home levels, lovely thick chimey cleans and with the gain control you can get a nice amount of hair on the tone.  It has a switchable valve boost that can give you great British rock tones.  Headroom is excellent and I was never short of power with this amp.  The speaker is a Celestion Silver series 60w.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94951346@N08/sets/72157640765608693/

The head and matching cab come with Roqsolid covers and it's in mint condition. 

£550 for the head and cab, not looking to split at this stage. Collection from Manchester.

Not really interested in trades, although I do need an acoustic amp so that's a possibility.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    P/x marshall tsl601 + cash?
    Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
  • mrn1989;159364" said:
    P/x marshall tsl601 + cash?
    No thanks, not after another electric guitar amp

Ok no probs
    Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
  • Great amp. If I didn't have 2 and no room for more amps I'd have this in a heartbeat

• Bump.  Can Split, head £400 and cab £150.
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

Tempted myself at that price.

Bloody bargain for someone! :)

• I've wanted one of these for ages, but I bought a 1x12 combo Wienbrock combo only last month! Arrggh. Tempted to start selling things off so I can buy this... Damn. 

Have a free bump.

• martinw said:

Tempted myself at that price.

Bloody bargain for someone! :)

I know, a lot of amp for the money Martin.  I'd like to keep it really just in case I get back into the band stuff, pity it coincided with things folding really but at least I managed to do a few gigs with it.  Personally I think it's worth a lot more but nothing is shifting at the moment, it's a buyers market that's for sure....

• I've wanted one of these for ages, but I bought a 1x12 combo Wienbrock combo only last month! Arrggh. Tempted to start selling things off so I can buy this... Damn. 

Have a free bump.

Thanks.  Get selling those things before somebody snaps it up!
  • Lovely... What's the general flavour of this - Voxy / vintage Marshall?

• Lovely... What's the general flavour of this - Voxy / vintage Marshall?
    Bit of both.  It's based on the Marshall 1974x, albeit with twice the power.  It has a bit of Vox Chime but it has the standard preamp rather than the EF86, so it's closer to the Marshall but with 4 EL84 cathode biased it's not that far removed from the Vox either.

Soundwise, big chimey cleans, through vintage breakup to classic rock overdrive.  The Master volume means you can get some nice drive sounds at bedroom levels. 
  • Don't you have some footage of this being played in an empty church? That sounded pretty good if I recall!

• Don't you have some footage of this being played in an empty church? That sounded pretty good if I recall!
    Ah yes, I did.  Not a great clip, It's a bit  R E V E R B Y

Is this Matt77 BTW?
  • Shit. I've been rumbled!
  • Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1198
    Gonna pm you.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Noice, love that church clip.
    Is this still available, I'm really keen on it if it is?
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    That clip is fantastic! I love the playing. Is the church reverb footswitchable?
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4774

EdGrip said:
    That clip is fantastic! I love the playing. Is the church reverb footswitchable?
    Thanks, unfortunately it's not.  You need an anti- reverb pedal to cancel it out.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4774
    juansolo said:
    Noice, love that church clip.
    Cheers John, it's my worship band. 

I'm the only member and I only play in deserted churches.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom